• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Crystal (ONA).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:33 am Reply with quote
Episode 8:

I liked the way this episode was spoiler[done with some info dump and forward to the action. At last, Sailor Venus in action! I've been waiting for this since she is my favorite sailor scout. I think her voice fits well too along with Artemis.]

The spoiler[kiss kinda came as unexpected to me this episode. Well, it was definitely a memorable moment imo. Ah, 2 weeks to go now....and with a cliffhanger.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:13 am Reply with quote
Just when I thought Usagi was actually going to do something spoiler[she just jumps in the way of the enemy's attack, does absolutely nothing, and then has to be saved by Tuxedo Mask again.]

Most useless heroine ever.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:39 am Reply with quote
Who are they actually fooling over the identity of the princess? It is like they try to say who it is, and then an incredibly lack of subtlety like the preview up and saying it.

I guess this meant for children, so I shouldn't be too harsh.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:48 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Most useless heroine ever.

She isn't. :p
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:55 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:

Do you mean to say she isn't useless, or that there are more useless heroines than her?
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:12 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Chiibi wrote:

Do you mean to say she isn't useless, or that there are more useless heroines than her?

Both, actually.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:28 pm Reply with quote
Well, when she's not being saved by a guy with no powers, she usually just stands around waiting while her newest teammate beats the bad guy. I guess she gets credit for being the one holding the team together, but that's because the show keep reminding us that's the case.

Overall all the scouts are kind of useless outside of their debut episode. It only takes one guy to beat all 5 of them this episode.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:12 pm Reply with quote
Kunzite's the strongest of the four generals so....this isn't really about the number of opponents.

Usagi has the be the one to "finish off" the battles, yes, the other senshi may attack first but her attack is the strongest of the five, so they save hers for last, purposely.

You want to see a truly useless heroine, watch Fushigi Yuugi. All THAT one does is stand around and scream as her guardians are either wounded or killed all because of her own idiotic mistakes that she makes over and over for 50+ episodes. If she tries to fight, it's turned into comic relief. All she cares about is food and her boyfriend so the enemies use both of them to trick her consistently and she's so damn stupid that it works every freaking time. You're totally done with her before you're into a quarter of the series. It's like if Usagi's worst traits were cranked up past 11 and her character never grew smarter, stronger, or more mature. THAT is Miaka Yuuki.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:32 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Usagi has the be the one to "finish off" the battles, yes, the other senshi may attack first but her attack is the strongest of the five, so they save hers for last, purposely.

Maybe her stats are just min maxed for "finisher" while all the other Guardians have balanced powers (lulz).

To make an observation on the changes in the mass produced magical girl warrior series of PreCure, the leader usually gets the "super" buff first at mid season or always initiates it if it is a group attack, in standard filler episodes the Cures get to randomly rotate on who gets the finishing attack assuming the finisher isn't an outright team attack.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:43 pm Reply with quote
FenixFiesta wrote:
Quote:

Maybe her stats are just min maxed for "finisher" while all the other Guardians have balanced powers (lulz).

Lol no, because spoiler[the silver crystal is the most powerful weapon in the Sailor Moon universe and only those from the Moon family can even use the thing.]

Trust me, if Usagi attacked with her wand first, nobody else would get to fight. Anime hyper (in most cases).
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:14 am Reply with quote
Well in my opinion is that they have to keep the fights simple enough for the target demographic, so it can appear a little inconsistent when they have to give a focus to each of the characters, and have fights go the way they are meant to. Usagi is the strongest, so we have had to see her struggle before to grow, and they have to keep her out of the fight so she can deliver the final blow, or try to protect everyone. Holding it up to the standards of more complexly choreographed fights is not quite fair, the series makes no mistakes in saying what it is.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:55 am Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:

You want to see a truly useless heroine, watch Fushigi Yuugi.

Yes, because Miaka is the poster girl for magical female warriors. Please don't take your frustrations out on better shows.

Back to the scheduled and utterly predictable "Usagi isn't useless, she's... unless!" debate already in progress.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:21 pm Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:
Yes, because Miaka is the poster girl for magical female warriors. Please don't take your frustrations out on better shows.

LOL

Fushigi Harem a "better show"......right. Rolling Eyes

Excuse you; Vaisagi said "heroine", not "magical girl heroine". A heroine doesn't HAVE to have special powers to avoid being useless and stupid. There are plenty of 'normal girls' like Miaka who are 18939821 times less retarded than her.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:37 am Reply with quote
Episode 10:

Well, the truth regarding the princes is revealed while spoiler[Queen Beryl makes another move - this time taking control of Mamoru]

The fight felt a bit fast though but I expect their spoiler[next encounter with the Sailor Guardians to be more intense. Poor Usagi. Judging by the PV, she is not pleased at what she shees. Crying or Very sad]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:20 am Reply with quote
Episode 10

In this episode our heroes went to the spoiler[desolate and white Fortress of Solitude Moon Kingdom, where they talked to the preserved will of a mentor and parent from another life, Jor-El Queen Serenity. Through these revelations Superman Sailor Moon was able to fly into orbit and save the day with an incredibly overpowered ability.] I am just making silly parallels, don't take this as disapproval.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 13 of 18