• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Blue Spring Ride (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:06 pm Reply with quote
Episode 7:

Decent episode. We meet another girl named spoiler[Yumi that has a back story with Futaba. Of course, the love triangle between Futaba, Yuuri, and Kou is getting somewhat tense now. I don't think Yuuri realizes it too much. On the other hand, the show often does this to build up the tension so it will eventually make its point across]

I'm hoping to see Shuuko drama soon as well since her screen time from this episode was quite limited.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:34 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Futaba needs to stop being sloppy.
After all she doesn't have to worry about her friends opinion.
She started worrying about the small stuff.
Guess she finally admitted her feelings to herself.
Futaba's history emerged.
It was interesting to see how things were back then.
She started to lose friends just 'cause she was popular with the boys.
Well, at least one of those friends apologized.
That gave Futaba something to think about regarding her Yuuri situation.
It was hard to tell her & jealousy started to emerge as well.
Thinking is easy, doing is hard.
Under the window encounter was totally sweet ^^
Kou is still playing hard to get though.
He even noticed something was off with Futaba & Yuuri.
Damn, he's an observant guy.
Futaba was guilt tripping herself in advance...]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:06 am Reply with quote
Episode 7

Oh my god! The contents of Futaba's bag looks like what automatically happens when I put things into my own.

All this friendship, totally loved it. Well it was worries about friendship, and I totally thought it was great to show the insecurity. I feel like giving a manly proclamation if enjoying it.

spoiler[Yuuri won't hate Futaba] right? But based on the preview it sounds like spoiler[they are going head to head, and we did not even get to see Yuuri in it].
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:14 pm Reply with quote
Episode 8:

Ah, I like how the spoiler[girls are being honest with themselves now and to each other. I wonder what Yuuri will do next after hearing that though. She puts up a natural face on the front but her real feelings are definitely more complicated after hearing what Futaba said.]

I think we might get spoiler[Shuuko in the story next time with Tanaka based on the PV. Maybe?]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:22 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Futaba's confession to Yuuri was delayed at first.
Previous friend reminded her that she's a changed person now.
Somehow things kept preventing her to spill the beans already..
Damn, she actually did it!!
Wow, that took some guts.
Luckily, Yuuri didn't react badly at all, just the opposite.
I was glad things turned out that way since both of them are nice.
Seems Yuuri just put on a brave face, but with no hard feelings.
Murao found herself in the middle of it all.. so she confessed too.
Didn't see that coming! Interesting though, but not surprising.
I already suspected she had a thing for Tanaka sensei.
Well, now all the girls have one thing more in common ^^
Futaba somehow ended up following Kou.
She confronted him about his whereabouts and that kinda backfired.
Yet, he still cared enough to try get her home.
Surprisingly she was stubborn enough to keep following.
Their midnight talk was interesting & nice ^^
Guess she got her hopes up too soon..]
princess passa passa

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:39 pm Reply with quote
I'm gonna need this show to stop! LOL

I have not been invested in a shoujo anime for while now but I'm following this one week by week.

Loved spoiler[ how the scene played out at the end, I mean he wanted to kiss her right? ]
dtm42

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:24 pm Reply with quote
It was nice to see spoiler[the girls all open up. They are still a bit awkward around each other but they're real friends now. I am surprised though at how well Futaba took Murao's announcement. Perhaps having a crush on a teacher is more normal in Japan?]
A Mystery

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:45 am Reply with quote
@dtm42: Maybe it's because the object of affection spoiler[is still quite young, that the girls could relate. Futaba and Yuuri were also quite emotional at that moment and] so the girls probably couldn't reflect on it critically. I wonder too if it will be different when it actually spoiler[becomes serious between teacher and Murao.]

I love how the girls are spoiler[actually honest with each other.] Breath of fresh air. The pacing seemed better this episode as well, last one was a bit on the slow side.

I wonder if 12 episodes would do this series justice, since this one is more focused on gradual changes in relationships and character development. This way we'll never get a k- I-I-I m-mean the story w-won't be finished in a satisfying way Wink Embarassed
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:04 pm Reply with quote
Episode 8

Damn it, spoiler[we won't be getting to see a crew cut].

Remember everyone, Chicks before d!^%s. spoiler[Glad it seems to be staying friendly, yay friendship.]

Also remember everybody, it is totally okay to spoiler[pretend to attack your female classmate]. It is a great way to confirm your spoiler[partly bad boy image after deny to actually do any drinking or smoking]. Not spoiler[assaulting someone totally counts as charm point].
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:09 pm Reply with quote
Episode 9:

The first half felt pretty spoiler[slow with the makeup. Yuuri also felt a little insecure about herself after seeing the makeup I guess. Then, there's the study session....]

There was just spoiler[oddball atmosphere in the latter half that I think will carry over to the next episode assuming it continues from there. Sigh, at this rate, I don't think we'll see much of Shuko's past. On another note, Aya was freaking awesome. Teach him English, Shuko.]
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:15 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Futaba observing Kou.
Seems like his grades are not good..
Those 3 girls are so much closer now.
It's good they are sharing info about Kou.
Looks like Kou doesn't like make-up on Futaba.
Little talk with sensei made things clearer about Kou's behavior.
Study session at Kou's place took him by surprise.
It was more of an intervention though.
Not that he was in the mood to cooperate..
It was nice when he finally caved in though ^^
Kou & Yuuri had a moment in the kitchen.
Something definitely happened between them.
Now I'm dying to know what exactly!!]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:46 am Reply with quote
Episode 9

What, did Yuuuri spoiler[and Kou make out or something]? Well I get the feeling that at least spoiler[feelings were revealed].

I saw some rather sad comments somewhere, that people were hating on Yuuri, saying that she is annoying because she is getting in the way. Seriously that's a little cold, the episode if anything has had her thinking about how she may as well already lost, she likes Kou, really not fair for negativity just because she wants to go against the true couple.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:15 pm Reply with quote
I just find her annoying, period. Actually, I'm having trouble finding any of these people besides Aya not annoying. At this point he's the only one I could stand hanging out with for longer than 5 minutes. And Tanaka-sensei.

But they really need to at least let the viewers in on what Kou's problem is. I'm sure he's got some special trauma that will make him more sympathetic in the end, but the longer they wait to reveal what his damage is (ok divorce is hard, but what did his brother do to him?), the less I want to see anyone stuck with him.
Agent355

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:33 pm Reply with quote
^Agreed. It's great that we're getting a girl's perspective in a shoujo romance, and that perspective is balanced almost evenly between the two rivals, who are not at each other's throats. But so far we have two girls who've fallen head over heals for a boy who remains an enigma. Why is he so profoundly emotionally damaged? Why on Earth does he live alone in a huge house? Did his parents divorce, or did they murder each other? Seriously, a 16-year old boy living alone in a huge house is weird. So this show needs to pivot away from Futaba and Yuuri focus on Kou, or at least Shouko. What's her deal besides being hot for teacher? She's soft spoken, but not mean or asocial, so why did she push away all her old friends and classmates?
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:55 pm Reply with quote
While there might be more to it, at this point it looks to me like she's the typical "I'm too mature for all of you, who could never possibly understand me, so that's why I'm in love with an older man, which you also can't understand, because you're not mature enough" girl. And she also distanced herself to keep from slipping up and revealing her secret. Now that it's out, at least to that tiny circle, she's getting more involved with them socially.

I kind of understand that, because when you have any kind of socially unacceptable secret, it's dangerous to share your life with other people.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5