• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sabagebu - Survival Game Club! (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:01 pm Reply with quote
Lol this episode. Manboobs and a fat Momoka.
dtm42

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:57 pm Reply with quote
Now we know where Momoka gets her viciousness from. I love Milfs who are sweet and demure on the outside but are fiery and nasty on the inside. And LOL at Momoka getting so wrapped up in the moment that she offers to get her picture taken with the otaku, precisely the thing she was so desperately trying to avoid.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:12 pm Reply with quote
My fav Momoko moment of eppie 4: when she spoiler[cold-cocks Chicken Fried Lemon with her pistol butt and then kicks him in the ribs for good measure.] Laughing

I have lost my heart to her.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:06 am Reply with quote
Episode 4

How many episodes finish them in a bath. If the reasoning is fanservice, well this episode was especially lacking in that area, was kind of desperately hoping it to end.

I was really expecting Momoka to spoiler[embarrass the otaku further], but I guess her spoiler[already cheating like that would have meant] it would be too obvious, spoiler[so she actually went through with the photo]. Other bits of gold like the spoiler[kicking the guy while he is down, the general physical humour of her beating up Urara, the best diet being put down to bulimia, her mother sabotaging her, the gunfight out of nowhere, and fixing the power thing by a bandage.]
dtm42

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:47 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
How many episodes finish them in a bath.

Hey, only three of them. The other episode (#2) finished in the showers . . . that's totally different yo.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:39 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Episode 4

How many episodes finish them in a bath. If the reasoning is fanservice, well this episode was especially lacking in that area, was kind of desperately hoping it to end.

Momoka's mother was spoiler[getting her naked back rubbed by a platypus] while her daughter watched, naked in the tub. There were no areas that were lacking.

And Momoka went through with the photo because she went momentarily insane and thought the guy was, how should I say, hot. I'm not too sure about the "3 times" math because 3 times zero is still zero.

Best part in that match up, ignored by most amoral Westerners, wasn't where she cheated by spoiler[pulling out her own air gun and cold cocking him] but when she ... spoiler[kicked him when he was down.] Most deplorable thing you can do in every other part of the world, in the US, eh, she spoiler[ kicked him he was unconscious on the floor,] so what? America: Civilization in the making, two hundred years and counting.

Blood, I thought that spoiler[kick was to the kidneys and not the ribs.] Upon review, yeah, there's going to be some blood spoiler[in his urine]...

My subtitles went weird with the Kamo bit and it reminded me of the Hime/princess name problem from Princess Resurrection. Kamo is both what he is and what he is named but it shouldn't be over translated. Kamo is a Platy but Platy isn't a Platy and Platy certainly isn't a Kamo.

Wait a minute...

And one last bit of food for thought: Did the narrator really imply a relationship between her and him at the end?

Does that mean Momoka's spoiler[father is being kamoholded]?

Another good episode.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:16 pm Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:
And one last bit of food for thought: Did the narrator really imply a relationship between her and him at the end?

Does that mean Momoka's spoiler[father is being kamoholded]?

First: thanks for forcing me to go back and check to see if I had missed anything.

Second: It's hard to say. We certainly know that Momoka's mum REALLY spoiler[enjoys having her back rubbed by Platy and the narrator said that Momoka stopped worrying about Platy's identity since her mother is "more mysterious."]

Let me put it this way: even though I think the jury is still out, I'm not sure I'd be entirely comfortable spoiler[leaving Momoka's mom alone with Platy if I were her husband.]
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:45 am Reply with quote
Did I just see spoiler[buddha in this show? Lol. I think I did. The latest episode was all over the place with the comedy. The aerial fight and the helicopter shooting. It sucks to be one of those pilots Surprised ]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:28 am Reply with quote
Episode 5

Very Happy Momoka was spoiler[trying to make Miou fail the meditation].
Laughing The spoiler[monk joined in, he wants to hit her].
Laughing spoiler[He was not even a real monk]. Laughing

Urara spoiler[shoots down helicopters because she does not want to ruin her good girl image], and Momoka is still spoiler[petty about it].

And a spoiler[good vs evil imagination thing] along the lines of kronk, but turned into the coolest action sequence of the show. And finishes with spoiler[Momoka shooting her own conscience anyway].

I laughed all through this episode, it was super funny, yet people won't give it a chance. Also yes, she was in a bath towards the end again.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:23 am Reply with quote
Episode 5, even for this series, was dark. I still laughed as the spoiler[helicopter crashed and rolled] but I guess that wasn't part of "You are imagining all of this" scenario. Even as the segment ended, the shot made sure to get spoiler[the smoking wreckage] in the shot as the gang went off with a "oh, what fun we had... at that one girl's expense" feeling.

The fact that Apocalypse Now {they know their references...} did the same thing doesn't help because that movie wasn't a comedy.

The other two were a lot more predictable {see spoiler[Angel Excel versus Devil Excel from Excel Saga], crossed with the usual Momoka twist and then crossed with spoiler[Nightmare on Elm Street] for some reason...} with the first segment being downright normal.

And Blood, what made me wonder about what was going on in Episode 4's ending was Momoka's quick look of disgust followed by blissful ignorance as, after all, she would know her mother best.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Seems like every episode just continues to build up how totally evil Momoka is. Funny how the narrator still has to address the fact that you shouldn't take the show seriously lol.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:11 am Reply with quote
Episode 6

The attempt to take out the club was doomed from the beginning, and yes for reasons separate from most anime. spoiler[Failing to meet a masochists expectations, getting too roped up in cosplaying, making her feel too guilty, the fact Momoka really does not care beyond herself, and planting the seeds of rumours.]

I have not seen a yakuza movie before, but this was fun.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:28 am Reply with quote
Episode 6. That was a long way to go for a punchline. It was a good one as I was expecting a "Toshino Kyoko" cry any minute but, yeah, expecting it.

The second one was much better with some really great dialogue. I can't wait to see their Tarantino.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:34 am Reply with quote
One thing I noticed is that they don't seem to be overusing the mascot anymore, which they were kind of doing before, but after bringing attention to it, he has barely appeared. Does give the feeling that they do know how to keep things fresh.
dtm42

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:57 pm Reply with quote
The vindictive student council president segment went on a tad too long (though it was very funny), but the yakuza parody was just perfect. All that posturing, fighting and backstabbing over a killer chair, LOL.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5