• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Singer IU's Agency: Live-Action Nodame Cantabile Offer Not Received

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdo7

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:54 am Reply with quote
Thanks ANN for reporting on it. Took you guys long enough to report on it. Yes for some of you that didn't know or heard about this:

Crunchyroll-Nodame Cantabile to get a K-drama remake

Soompi-Group 8 to make a Korean version of Nodame Cantabile

Kdramastars-“Boys Over Flowers” Producer Chooses New Manga To Adapt

Kpopstarz was the one on how I heard the news about IU probably getting this role.

For some of you that are not K-pop fans and don't know who IU is, she is a well-known K-pop singer and actress she is known as "the nation's little sister" in South Korea. One of her album, Last fantasy, topped Itune World album chart worldwide. She had made it on Billboard Hot 21 under 21 in 2012, which no J-pop artists was ever able to do and becoming the 3rd K-pop artists to make it on that list (Wonder Girls, 4minute's Hyuna, and after IU, Lee Hi). Here's her music video if you want to see her singing and dancing ability:

IU-The red shoe short version, her official MV has over 5 million views.

IU-You & I MV dance version

and yes, IU has done 2 Japanese albums.

IU has also play memorable characters in K-dramas like in Dream High, You're the Best Lee Soon-shin, and the current drama, Pretty Man.

Also I wouldn't mind IU as the lead. But I think Seohyun of Girls Generation should take the leading role for the K-drama adaptation IMO. She has done acting in drama and musical. She is a natural when it comes to acting, also she can play the piano really well. So I think she could fit the main character better then IU because of her piano playing skill.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
mdo7

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:15 am Reply with quote
I just got this from Mwave. Apparently, it looks like Joo Won another rising star in South Korea is being mentioned as a possible male lead for the K-drama adaptation of Nodame Cantabile.

EDIT (as of May 1, 2013): It's already now been confirmed according to Dramafever, Crunchyroll, and Soompi.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ColonelYao47

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:45 pm Reply with quote
mdo7 wrote:
Also I wouldn't mind IU as the lead. But I think Seohyun of Girls Generation should take the leading role for the K-drama adaptation IMO. She has done acting in drama and musical. She is a natural when it comes to acting, also she can play the piano really well. So I think she could fit the main character better then IU because of her piano playing skill.

Right group, wrong member. All hail Queen Yoona, lead of Nodame Cantabile.
mdo7

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:24 pm Reply with quote
ColonelYao47 wrote:
mdo7 wrote:

Right group, wrong member. All hail Queen Yoona, lead of Nodame Cantabile.

So the rumor was true, Yoona will take the role. I'm not sure if she will fit, I wanted Seohyun to play the lead because I want her to ger more acting role and she's the only member that is trained in piano.
ColonelYao47

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:39 pm Reply with quote
It does seem like Seohyun is being underutilized from the drama standpoint. While the other members seem to be inundated with roles, SM seems to keep her agenda music-heavy as evident with Taetiseo and the Moon That Embraces The Sun musical. Hopefully, this is of her preference and not out of coercion. The last thing we want is for them to have a fall out a la Sohee.
ColonelYao47

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:01 pm Reply with quote
Queen Yoona, NOOOOOO!!!
mdo7

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:59 pm Reply with quote
ColonelYao47 wrote:
Queen Yoona, NOOOOOO!!!

All right, looks like Yoona is out, here's still hoping that Seohyun can take the role for the lead.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1