• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shonen Jump's New Trinity

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
N-Then-Some

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:52 pm Reply with quote
So Naruto's expiration date is up in two more chapters. Bleach will be following suite after its current arc. All that's left of Shonen Jump's holy trinity is One Piece (and Hunter x Hunter, but let's be real here - Togashi's hiatuses make HxH more of special event than a serialized manga.)

I've been wondering who's going to fill the space. Boku no Academia looks promising. So does Yoakemono (though I wish a translator would hurry and pick it up.)
Ohoni

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:32 pm Reply with quote
Of the ones I'm aware of, it seems to be One Piece, World Trigger, and Toriko, although I don't think Toriko is as good as Bleach in its prime.
Utsuro no Hako

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:44 pm Reply with quote
Aren't Shokugeki no Souma and Assassination Classroom the biggest series after the Trinity? I don't know if they'll ever get as big as Naruto and Bleach were in their heyday, but I'm glad to see non-traditional battle manga taking the top tier.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:20 pm Reply with quote
Ohoni wrote:
Of the ones I'm aware of, it seems to be One Piece, World Trigger, and Toriko, although I don't think Toriko is as good as Bleach in its prime.

You forget about Kuroko no Basuke also ended just couple months ago. It was more popular than World Trigger and Toriko in Japan.
Toriko is under 200k in the first week nowadays. Both Shokugeki no Souma and Assassination Classroom have better number than that.

Assassination Classroom will soon be a million per vol seller as soon as the anime air. yes, Kuroko no Basuke and Shokugeki no Souma are battle manga.
NaruSakulad321

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:30 pm Reply with quote
One may view me as a troll for this but does anyone other than myself believe that no matter what the movie coming out this Saturday in Japan tries to do to justify the final pairings, do you think that Kishimoto sold out when he did what he did under the pressure of his publishers, his serializers, his distributors, and the studio behind the anime who made those crappy filler arcs and more or less pulled a Spider Man one more day on the fanbase Yes or No? Mad
vanfanel

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:39 am Reply with quote
NaruSakulad321 wrote:
One may view me as a troll for this but does anyone other than myself believe that no matter what the movie coming out this Saturday in Japan tries to do to justify the final pairings, do you think that Kishimoto sold out when he did what he did under the pressure of his publishers, his serializers, his distributors, and the studio behind the anime who made those crappy filler arcs and more or less pulled a Spider Man one more day on the fanbase Yes or No? Mad

Objection, your honor! Leading the witness.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1