• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Locodol (TV).

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:52 pm Reply with quote

Futsū no Joshikōsei ga Locodol Yattemita (TV)

Genres: comedy
Themes: High school, Idols

Plot Summary: High school girl Nanako Usami became her town Nagarekawa's local idol at the request of her uncle. She and her upperclassman Yukari- a girl who seems perfect but ends up being air-headed- both become idols of their provincial area. They get interviewed (by the town's shopping center), go on television (low-budget cable), and hold concerts (on the roof of the department store). The girls' salaries come from the town's taxes. Together, the two form the "locodol" unit Nagarekawa Girls.
----------------------------------

Episode 1:

Eh, so the show is about some local idols. It got that point across. I didn't like the spoiler[song much though and I wasn't expecting the characters to sing in their swimsuits.]

I'll give the show a few more episodes but not too impressive so far imo.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
casualfan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:49 am Reply with quote
I'm liking the show so far. It's similar to Love Live which is right around my alley. Hopefully it's able to keep the premise interesting for the entire season.
dtm42

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:47 am Reply with quote
As I said in the preview guide thread, I was pleasantly surprised with the first episode of Locodol. It reminds me of Love Live! crossed with Wake Up Girls!, and I was smiling for most of the episode.

I like it.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:27 am Reply with quote
Episode 1

It is cute girls doing cute things. I'm in. Hey yesterday I watched Free and that magical rocker show, continuing with just one of those means I have to get a moe CGDCT fix.

It was a funny cute first episode, and I found her uncle to be quite entertaining, especially the banter from Nyanako.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:44 pm Reply with quote
The uncle is so shady. I was hesitant about it at first, but I liked the first episode and I will continue watching it.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:38 pm Reply with quote
I almost didn't sample this because I'm generally not crazy about idol shows. I found this one fairly amusing. Will definitely check out more.
Crusher X303

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:39 pm Reply with quote
I really enjoyed this episode. I hope it continues to be good.

Although I really wouldn't count what they sang as a song. (well I know it really is a song.....) But what I mean by that is that I believe it was supposed to be the school or town anthem or something like that.... So I really want to hear something by them that is supposed to be theirs when they sing it.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:10 pm Reply with quote
well that was adorable. I'm gonna like this one
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:45 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
It is cute girls doing cute things. I'm in.

And fan service.
Quote:
It was a funny cute first episode, and I found her uncle to be quite entertaining, especially the banter from Nyanako.

You know what "funny uncle" means, don't you?

Actually, Nanako seems to be able to deal with him in a pretty straightforward way. He was underhanded, but she rolled with it. He seems to know her pretty well.

Yukari seems pretty accomplished and pretty well poised for a girl that seems to have come out of nowhere. I wonder what Uncle did to her to get her to appear?

Blood- wrote:
I almost didn't sample this because I'm generally not crazy about idol shows.

I would have said the same thing not to long ago. Then Idolmaster, Love Live, Wake Up Girls, AKB0048 all got my attention and kept it. So I will give this one a chance as well.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:28 am Reply with quote
I sampled all four of those shows. I did end up watching the entire first season of AKB0048 (I guess the whole "idols in a dystopian space future!" angle hooked me in) but I didn't bother with the second season. I never got past the first eppies of the others. Yeah, idol shows really don't do it for me (generally).
Bango

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:10 am Reply with quote
I could've sworn I already posted here but I guess not.

Ep 1-

Idols are a hard sell for me too. AKB0048 being an exception since I loved that show to death. But I dunno about this one yet. It's cute-ish but I just don't find myself caring about the characters so far. I'll give it a few more eps. Maybe additional characters will help.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:36 pm Reply with quote
Episode 2: inexplicably more interesting than I thought it would be.

It was perfectly predictable that Yukari would turn out to be not as perfect as she had seemed (even though she is quite good) but I think they played up her "defect" quite well. Nana, who so far hasn't been too quick on the uptake, did a good job of figuring out even if she thought she hadn't.

So how does one "practice" how to accept your partner being spoiler[yuri]-minded?

Last edited by HaruhiToy on Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:04 pm Reply with quote
Episode 2

Apparently spoiler[Mugi] became an idol. We could assume that the spoiler[yuri like parts were just her overthinking how to get closer to a normal friend], but like spoiler[Tsumugi, they can sure tease the audience in a service way].

Still entertaining.
dtm42

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:45 pm Reply with quote
Watched episode two and I'm still liking the show. It isn't a standout but it is very pleasant and easy to watch. If I can find room in my schedule I will continue to follow it.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:54 pm Reply with quote
Episode 2:

Thing singing wasn't bad imo but the comedy felt a bit off. Oh and that spoiler[blue creature reminds me of Wobbuffet from Pokemon for some reason.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4