• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Locodol (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:19 pm Reply with quote
leatherhead333 wrote:
Bleh I really don't think that flashback linking Yukari and Nanako was necessary.

I agree with this. It also piled up too many coincidences.

If they had to do it wouldn't it be better for their initial encounter end up with Yukari being put off by Nana, then being annoyed when Nana was recruited, and then have the one-sided first impression overcome by sincere actions on Nana's part?

The Road Less Travelled I guess.

Still it was sort of interesting to see Yukari looking un-poised twice. In the flashback and with a fever. Cutie-patootie.

Anime characters tend to faint a lot from colds, don't they? Never has happened to me or anyone I know.
dtm42

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:30 pm Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
If they had to do it wouldn't it be better for their initial encounter end up with Yukari being put off by Nana, then being annoyed when Nana was recruited, and then have the one-sided first impression overcome by sincere actions on Nana's part?

No, it wouldn't have been better. It would have been completely contrary to what we've seen of her behaviour thus far. She hasn't given us any indication that she's even capable of being annoyed, so coming out of the blue in a flashback would have been incongruous.

HaruhiToy wrote:
Anime characters tend to faint a lot from colds, don't they? Never has happened to me or anyone I know.

It's lazy screenwriting, it's dumb, and I hate it.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:11 pm Reply with quote
Episdoe 10:

Yukari really has a thing for Nana doesn't she?

Nana: spoiler[Masochist]. Ha. Everyone is so good natured when they tease her. And Uncle is merciless.

And I must say the eye-catch this week was quite alluring.

I thought it was pretty clever of the writers to put the extras (the classmates) into the picture and present their view of things. Always worth noting something like that.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:48 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12 (final)

Wait, it is saying there is one more episode, although ANN has 12, and others say its an OVA. Well lets rate it here.

My opinions when they were spoiler[about to announce the winners of the competition I expected that the first place winners would not be them]. The reason being that this anime has established that spoiler[winning for them does not mean coming first place, it happens as long as they manage to grow, promote their town, and have fun, especially with their town]. Also spoiler[Elvis uncle].

What is great about Locodol, its that it plays off the local part of its name instead of trying to just go with every other idol anime, something that makes it surprisingly accessible. The characters have interesting personalities so are fun to watch, something I consider WUG struggled really hard with. It kind of feels like an easy going small group, the songs generally not super flashy but can be catchy and have a feeling of being real that it makes it feel like you found something fun that is not widely known. You could even feel this as a great advertisement for a small town, the Uogokoro-kun song really gets stuck in my head.

This is not a flashy anime, but it totally knows that and can provide quality at that level that just makes it a fun watch. Actually something that just popped into my head is the anime Outbreak Company, which this studio also worked on, I believe both do a great job with work with what they have and make a surprisingly entertaining watch. Overall I will rate it Good, is definitely worth watching, although if you are the type that thinks an idol anime can't work for you or that you want one a little different, I would highly recommend it.

Uo Uo, Uogokoro kun Wink
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:33 pm Reply with quote
I wish I had time to come here and talk about the show. Anyway, I enjoyed this show very much. Hated it at first but loved it every episode. Simple yet funny and heartwarming. Love the yurilicious moments between Nanyako and Yukari, who are clearly the OTP of the show. Also loved Yui and Mirai, the second OTP of the show. I learned more about the idol world. A good show that I am hoping to see its second season coming in the future.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:37 pm Reply with quote
Eh, I guess it was a cute show overall but didn't really impress me as much as some of the idol series I've watched over the past few years.

I think there's an OVA/special coming soon too.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dtm42

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:00 pm Reply with quote
That was a really nice (and surprisingly good) song they used at the competition. Thankfully it wasn't done with off-putting 3D animation like in Love Live!. And that professional song contrasted well with the homegrown ode to their hometown that they sung at the summer festival.

What a charming show. Can't wait for the OVA.
Crusher X303

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:43 pm Reply with quote
I had fun watching this show. It was a nice cute and charming show to watch. I did love how they do manage to really make you feel like they are locals from a small town.

I hope that stuff about there being a second season was true. I would enjoy seeing these characters again.

spoiler[ I knew that they were not going to win, but I was hoping for at least 3rd place and not 4th like what was said at the end... I just thought 3rd would have made more sense. (Have Awa Girls be first since they are the good ones, Glasses Girls being second since they were hired by an Idol company they said, then have our locodols be 3rd for a good ending. Oh well, it was still nice that they improved past 5th.)]
Yuri Fan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:21 pm Reply with quote
The Locodol Christmas OVA came out yesterday... and it was glorious!! So yurific! Even the manager spent Christmas with a woman!

So many sweet moments between Yukari and Nyanako! I'm so giddy!
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:46 am Reply with quote
Christmas OVA

I might find some faults in things like saying that she stays over all the time, but reference the last time as within the series, which is odd since the series only was set over a few months of spring and summer, while this was eight months later in winter. I could have done with just something telling us all sorts of things might have happened in the mean time. Yui herself would be practically at the end of her third year of high school.

But that is nit-picking, Locodol in general is good. And things did get on the more yuri like side with Nanako and Yukari. Even as far as Yukari's crush goes. Yukari apparently being in with Nanako's mum makes me think Yukari secretly has worked on getting them engaged.

Oh, there was another OVA too, I watched it way back when and kind of re-watched it before this one. The summer and Christmas thing kind of clashes, except really Christmas where I am is in summer. So hot.
Yuri Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:47 am Reply with quote
New Locodol OVA coming this summer. Link (it's in Japanese): http://blog.locodol-anime.com/?p=888,
Yuri Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:08 am Reply with quote
The new OVA was fun. Yukari and Nanako really are like a married couple! Or like Yukari put it, spoiler[85% married].
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:34 am Reply with quote
I liked them calling what Yukari's pep talk to Nanako what it really was, brainwashing.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4