Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Licenses Shonen Hollywood -Holly Stage for 49-




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Rivailloli



Joined: 05 Jun 2013
Posts: 228
Location: Virginia

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:29 pm Reply with quote
Well, everyone was thinking they got this after they saw the regions for it on CR. I'm surprised FUNi is licensing this too though.

Anyway, will be checking this out!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sakuragtin



Joined: 18 Nov 2008
Posts: 214

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:40 pm Reply with quote
Wow, really?

I could only assume it was them since Crunchy didn't get it but I really didn't see this as a show Funi would stream let alone license home video rights right off the bat.

Not that I'm really complaining. It was one of the shows this season I was planning on checking out. Really glad I have that Funi subscription now.

It's a little surprising, but I'm happy about this.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thespacemaster



Joined: 03 Mar 2012
Posts: 132

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:46 pm Reply with quote
I know they licensed Tokyo Ghoul, Zankyou no Terror and this one. so that leaves what 7 more licenses for the summer season from funimation side ?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
getchman
SubscriberSubscriber


Joined: 07 Apr 2012
Posts: 6768
Location: Cheshire, CT

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:54 pm Reply with quote
there's also Free 2 and space dandy 2
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
Thespacemaster



Joined: 03 Mar 2012
Posts: 132

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:55 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
there's also Free 2 and space dandy 2
oh yes i forgot so that leaves what 5 than ?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SpacemanHardy



Joined: 03 Jan 2012
Posts: 1713

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:00 pm Reply with quote
Thespacemaster wrote:
oh yes i forgot so that leaves what 5 than ?


Where exactly did you get that number, if you don't mind me asking?

Anyways, one of those is bound to be the new Sengoku Basara. They MAY be able to get the new Black Butler as well, but right now it's not looking like Aniplex is willing to be generous.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thespacemaster



Joined: 03 Mar 2012
Posts: 132

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:05 pm Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:
Thespacemaster wrote:
oh yes i forgot so that leaves what 5 than ?


Where exactly did you get that number, if you don't mind me asking?

Anyways, one of those is bound to be the new Sengoku Basara. They MAY be able to get the new Black Butler as well, but right now it's not looking like Aniplex is willing to be generous.


Well funimation have a normally ( not always) but normally they license about 10 show to stream per season that is why i asked the question
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rootsofjustice



Joined: 06 Nov 2009
Posts: 157

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:06 pm Reply with quote
Thespacemaster wrote:
I know they licensed Tokyo Ghoul, Zankyou no Terror and this one. so that leaves what 7 more licenses for the summer season from funimation side ?


Their seasonal slate this year has been about 9. So far they have:
*One Piece
*Fairy Tail (2014)
*Puchim@s: Petit Idolm@ster 2
*Space Dandy Season 2
*Terror in Resonance
*Tokyo Ghoul
*Free! -Eternal Summer-
*Shonen Hollywood -Holly Stage for 49-

They have one or two more depending on whether or not Puchim@s still counts since it ends later this month. Sengoku Basara -JUDGE END- seems like a low-hanging fruit and since it looks like Aniplex is keeping Black Butler: Book of Circus for themselves it seems FUNimation has one more wild card.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheMorry



Joined: 08 May 2014
Posts: 63

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:48 am Reply with quote
sakuragtin wrote:
Wow, really?

I could only assume it was them since Crunchy didn't get it but I really didn't see this as a show Funi would stream let alone license home video rights right off the bat.

Not that I'm really complaining. It was one of the shows this season I was planning on checking out. Really glad I have that Funi subscription now.

It's a little surprising, but I'm happy about this.


I envy you, I wish I could get a subscription at Funimation. However its impossible since I live in Europe, maybe i should move to the states xD.

This anime looks intresting, really gonna check it out. Hope funimation liscenses more awesome anime.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group