• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:26 pm Reply with quote

Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V (TV)

Genres: action, fantasy, tournament
Themes: card game

Plot Summary: Yūya Sakaki is a 14-old year student who wants to become a professional entertainment duelist to give everyone a smile, but one day, he ends up fighting an exhibition match against the current champion of the Pro Duel World. This fight will lead him to make a decision, and confront the difficulties to make his dream come true.
----------------------------------

Quite a few episodes for this has aired actually. I originally skipped Zexal because I wasn't too into the gimmicks and way the characters were presented so I decided to give this a try. At first, I wasn't that impressed either but one particular episode stood out when an spoiler[alternate version of the main character, Yuya was introduced. I'm assuming this would be a progressive story that will be focused on later.]

Otherwise, they bought back a lot of spoiler[older methods to summon monsters in this show like Synchro, Fusion, and XYZ. I haven't seen ritual yet though but maybe it will show up later as well, who knows.]

As far as the characters, they are alright but I am fairly impressed with Yuya and his friend, Gongenzaka for their spirit and dueling skills. Also, there's the concept of spoiler[action cards (anime exclusive) that can come in quite a handy. Right now in the latest episode, Yuya is up against a powerful adversary named Reiji with some very unique summoning methods. And speaking of that, there's also a method called Pendulum Summoning in this series that I find to be interesting.]

But overall, I'm enjoying this show a lot more than I had expected to be. Anyone else watching this? I'd recommend it if you're still into Yugioh stuff.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1