• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
DRAMAtical Murder (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jacquipuff

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:52 pm Reply with quote
Merida wrote:
But well, i liked this episode since Clear's route is probably my favourite aside from spoiler[the "true ending"] and at least they didn't spoiler[ruin it completey, although it was more poignant in the game IMO.]

Yeah, spoiler[I was crying throughout his whole death scene in the game, but during the same scene here I was mostly just surprised that they included it now, and not at the end of the series. Are they just going to go through the rest of the episodes without him?]

But anyway, aside from that...hooray for a more complete version of the Jellyfish Song! And I've always liked the scene where spoiler[Aoba reassures Clear about his face being normal], it's very sweet. And another ending song by Itou Kanako, so of course, I liked that.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:59 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Aoba save quite a few of his friends now.
Those experiences are starting to weigh down on him.
He got another invite to Platinum Jail..
Aoba sure is attached to his Allmate Ren.
Mink on the other hand is sometimes just too cruel.
Mink-Aoba operation didn't go that well.
Luckily Aoba used his advantage(voice) to control the security.
This time was Mink's turn to his head examined by Aoba..]
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:41 pm Reply with quote
No surprise about spoiler[Clear]. But I think spoiler[Ren] got toasted a little.
Jacquipuff

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:26 pm Reply with quote
Oh, so spoiler[Clear is still alive/operational, if only barely. I guess this means they'll find a way to include him in the last few episodes after all.]

As for Mink's part of the story...hmm......I dunno. Mink was the one I liked least in the game, so I guess I'm predisposed to not enjoy his episode as much as the other three. Although it was less of a character episode than theirs were...it was more like, half character, half ending set-up. And the ending song was okay...I like the ones from the game better.
Merida

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:19 pm Reply with quote
Well, i appreciate that they finally made an effort to tie all the different routes together. I wasn't too fond of Mink's route either at least not as far as the...spoiler[umm...romance] is concerned, but storywise it was one of the better routes IMO since it hasspoiler[ a solid connection to Toue and the main plot.]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:41 pm Reply with quote
Episode 10

"spoiler[If you don't want to be beaten any further, do as you're' told]." Wow, good on for choosing the most domestic violence like lines possible. I guess we will forgive him because he like has a good reason or something.

I will guess that spoiler[Ren got hacked while in the system]. Which you have to admit the security was pretty terrible, not a single person in the room that controls the entire brainwashing part of the city, yet all the screens were on.

Not sure if the characters are dim or the story has huge problems, but it makes no sense that spoiler[all the characters would be invited just so they could fall into traps because they are involved with him]. It seems pretty clear that the person who sent the invitations spoiler[set the traps up, but fully expected them to be solved thanks Aoba having mind control powers. So it is the villain who has been leaking information just so he can test the powers out, and Mink should be told that it is a trap, the only way forward would be to do something unexpected.].
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:01 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Ren was acting weird.
Mink & Aoba continued their infiltration.
Aoba finally found the person that was sending him those retro games.
Guess he just wanted to meet him.
So Virus & Trip are behind the Morphine thing.
The truth finally came out about everything.
Now it seems Aoba has a twin brother too.
Luckily his friends showed up to rescue him.
Damn, who knew Ren would turn on Aoba..
Can't wait to see how they'll wrap up the series next time.]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:59 am Reply with quote
ookamigirl wrote:
spoiler[.Damn, who knew Ren would turn on Aoba..
Can't wait to see how they'll wrap up the series next time.]

Well I spoiler[did speculate in my previous post about him being hacked], I expected it.

With all the mind control stuff, spoiler[designer children], and dystopian, I half expected the villain to go "would you kindly" when he looked defenceless in the room.
Jacquipuff

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:44 pm Reply with quote
Wait, so spoiler[Clear goes from seemingly dead/broken, to critical condition, to well enough to move around and fight, in the span of three episodes?] Okay then...

I still can't help but feel that they've got a lot of stuff to wrap up within the last episode.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:31 am Reply with quote
He had bandages. He's good to go.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:57 pm Reply with quote
#12 Final

spoiler[So in the end he used Scrap on himself to save Ren.
I liked Ren's human form ^^
Aoba - Ren heart-to-heart was very deep.
It was personal, kinda sweet and touching too.
Aoba vs the final boss!
That was short, but intense.
At least Platinum Jail is no more.
After that things went back to normal.
Sei managed to escape safely too, nice.
Now Aoba won't have to be alone with Grams anymore.
Good final episode.]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:20 am Reply with quote
Episode 12 (final)

In my opinion this show was bad, I give it a rating of Weak, I wanted to quit a number of times and in the end I wish I had done something else. The final episode was really not that bad in general. But really the entire series was a chore for me to get through, and I think suffered from many of the problems I see posted about other shows. From poorly conveyed story, if they just focussed on certain parts of the setting it probably could be easier to manage, but in the end it just overload. So many actual plot holes from stupid decisions, miracle cures, voice changes, magical healing robots, ridiculous over the top unfitting villains (that police officer), and corny boring characters that seem over styled to have like some sort of hipster effect.

Also it had innuendos galore, but I don't consider that a bad thing. If I am going to watch a yaoi anime there better be that sort of thing.
Jacquipuff

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:51 pm Reply with quote
Well...that's the end. I've been trying to think of what I could say about it but...it just is, really. What happens to each character is basically the same as what happens in their routes in the game, just with all the romantic elements removed. And even now, the explanation for spoiler[what Ren really is] makes me go "...huh?" I mean, I understand it, I guess, it's just really weird.

But mostly all I feel right now is a great need to play the sequel game, which I have been procrastinating on forever.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4