• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hanayamata (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alberto7

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:37 am Reply with quote
Well, wasn't episode 2 just adorable. Laughing Haha it was great. It's so squeaky and sparkly, and I should hate it for that, but I really don't. I don't have many comments on it, as I really didn't find anything that bothered me anyway. It does have a bunch of kind of illogical things going on and odd (to say the least) thought processes, but, given the nature of the characters and the anime... who's to complain?

... and Yaya-chan really wants Naru-chan to show her her "yosakoi," like she really just wants to see it... if you know what I mean WinkEmbarassed ... Laughing

That, and the whole spoiler[tsundere + "ERMERGAWD JAPANAESE SAMURAI"] thing just killed me.

Really enjoying the humour in this so far.
SethMosrite

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:32 am Reply with quote
meiam wrote:
SethMosrite wrote:
With all the blood and guts this season, this show may be the only way I keep my sanity.

Try Barakamon.

I caught the first episode, definitely a keeper.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:42 am Reply with quote
I'm becoming a little more attached to this show. I don't think it is yet solidly in keeper territory for me, but it's getting close.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:30 pm Reply with quote
Episode 3:

Hana just never ceases to amuse me in this series. Ah, her imaginations can break so many boundaries. I also like the spoiler[007 reference] at the beginning of the episode there. That was classic.

I wonder what will happen next time with that ending though. That definitely isn't pleasant regarding their spoiler[rooftop situation now.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:07 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
I'm becoming a little more attached to this show. I don't think it is yet solidly in keeper territory for me, but it's getting close.

Personally I learned a fair amount about yosakoi that I didn't know. I am far more inclined to look more into it now that I know that the dance form is separable from those stupid pot-sticker hats.

Also, I thought that bald guy was really a yakuza and the sign was somehow misspelled. But why is it in romaji to begin with?

Another plus is that this episode turned out to be a fairly pleasant personality exposition. It was clever of them to put Yaya and Hana together even if it did cause them to spoiler[miss the movie].

Best line: "Don't look at them!"
dtm42

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:21 pm Reply with quote
I found the shop owner to be pretty funny. He's so different from his image that I couldn't help but laugh, especially when he said that he was afraid the girls were going to vandalise his shop. He may look mean but he's just a big softy.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:17 am Reply with quote
I liked Sally-sensei. They are kind of doing something interesting with her character in that outwardly, she seems like a fairly typical "good person" teacher, while inwardly being not quite so nicey-nice (but still essentially decent).

It will be interesting to see how Hanamster wins over School Prez to become part of the yakisoba (heh) club.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:14 am Reply with quote
There you go CGDCT anime, introduce at least one man and don't be afraid to make him a nice guy with some personality. This episode felt even more charming than the other episodes, there was the shop keeper, the teacher's inner thoughts, and Yaya starting to think positively about Hana now. The interactions between Hana and Yaya was quite fun, even such kind of unoriginal conversations like Hana being spoiler[in a Yukata and then younger boys clothes].
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:19 pm Reply with quote
Nothing keeping me from continuing this show and enjoying it. Cute girls with a neat focus. I like how it occasionally focuses on the girl's feelings in a nonsuperficial way. It's not super super serious but it's not like the girls are just generically happy, as is the usual trend in such shows.
Really, what's not to like?

...Well, okay. Hana's voice is actually starting to hurt. I get the feeling she really didn't have to step on that dog's tail to get him to chase her, it seems like they'd automatically start howling whenever she comes around and starts talking.

I'm almost exclusively a "sub" guy, but if there was an option, I might just watch the dub of this one to get away from that VA.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:12 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[Tami] is awesome. Not only graceful but she is also probably the nicest girl in the series so far. I'm glad this show fleshed out her character and back story a bit in the latest episode.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:06 am Reply with quote
Episode 4

More emotion packed into that episode than I would have expected, Tami had a bit of a deep situation going on. The yuri was surprisingly strong here.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:39 am Reply with quote
I like how in the opening credits they show a pratfall/faceplant on the beat.

At least Naru is getting better. Amazing she had no concept of balance until Tami mentioned it.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:59 am Reply with quote
Episode 5

Few things are manlier than a spoiler[guy who feels no shame in dressing up as a pink rabbit].
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:03 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Few things are manlier than a spoiler[guy who feels no shame in dressing up as a pink rabbit].

Want to lay odds about he and Sally becoming an item?
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:32 pm Reply with quote
Most beautiful episode to date yet. Now they are just missing one members for their awesome club.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4