• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Crunchyroll to Stream Black Butler: Book of Circus, Tokyo ESP Outside N. America

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LaughingElbow

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:29 pm Reply with quote
Nice, good to see CR reaching out. Can't wait for this from Funi.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:38 pm Reply with quote
Daisuki has one week delay for Black Butler. Otherwise it's free in HD. No need to pay Funimation.
kevinx59

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:13 am Reply with quote
Wait, so does this mean Funi may have Tokyo ESP? (the whole Tokyo trilogy?) If it does, cool. No Funi stuff I'm watching this season, and I'd like to change that.
The_way67

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:01 am Reply with quote
"Crunchyroll to Stream Black Butler: Book of Circus"

Sweet! Though I won't watch it on CR, ha.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:13 am Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
Daisuki has one week delay for Black Butler. Otherwise it's free in HD. No need to pay Funimation.

For international readers, it should be noted this delay only applies to the US and Canada.

I agree that if you aren't a Funimation subscriber, viewing via Daisuki is the way to go. Not only HD, but fewer ads (only a pre-roll the last time I viewed episodes there as of late last month).

kevinx59 wrote:
Wait, so does this mean Funi may have Tokyo ESP? (the whole Tokyo trilogy?) If it does, cool. No Funi stuff I'm watching this season, and I'd like to change that.

They haven't announced it yet, but the circumstantial evidence is very strong. For these "ex-US" licenses on CR since the beginning of the year, all have been Funimation simulcasts in the US with the exception of Broken Blade TV.
Agent355

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:28 am Reply with quote
Tokyo ESP--that's an interesting mix of countries. The Vatican, but not Italy, Palestine but not Israel, no England, or other English speaking countries...wonder why?

I do hope Funi has it for North American simulcasting, and that they announce it soon and start streaming on time. Funi has Barakamon but hasn't started streaming it yet, with no reason or release date given.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1