• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Invaders of the Rokujyōma!? (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:24 pm Reply with quote
I figured Hercules would be neglected and forgotten in the closet, so it was nice to see that Yurika properly took care of him.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:37 am Reply with quote
Episode 7

I feel pretty stupid now, it took me all the way to spoiler[Kiriha having a flashback to meeting someone in the past] who gave her spoiler[some sort of card], to actually put everything together. Up to now I thought that the spoiler[Blue Knight may have just been a former life of Satomi], but now I think that what we are seeing in this series is a huge twist in spoiler[time paradoxes]. Most importantly is that there never was spoiler[an original Blue Knight, it was and will be Satomi, how he actually learned to be a knight was from Theia training him to act as the Blue Knight]. Somehow spoiler[he will end up going through time and becoming the real Blue Knight, and also meet Kiriha], and Sanae also seemed to spoiler[recognise something about the sword glowing].

Not sure what other thought other, but Theia's tech is reminding me a heap of Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, funnily more than Yurika's magic does. What did it for me was round gem like intelligent device doing magic attacks and speaking at least some English when referring to its master/princess. Also mentions of Space Time quakes seems quite remenscent of the Time-Space Administration Bureau. Maybe I just missed before now the whole similarities to the technology magic thing like Nanoha.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:48 pm Reply with quote
Episode 8.

Yurika. I really feel for her she's a good girl and gets crapped on by everybody. Maybe that will change now.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:55 pm Reply with quote
Whoa, a cliffhanger.

Yurika better be okay....the poor girl.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:32 am Reply with quote
Episode 8

He spoiler[finally accepted the truth about] Yurika, and she had to be in a situation where spoiler[she sacrifices herself, presumably dead] based on the end. Well she probably is spoiler[not dead, at least I hope so], she is my favourite character in the show, her whole lovable loser bit has grown onto me. Funny about being presumed Yurika was more cunning than she actually was.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:40 am Reply with quote
Episode 9

And after all that spoiler[their memories are wiped]. But it is not all bad, spoiler[although memories went it clearly looked like his feelings stayed, that he knows Yurika did something great and respects her now]. Personally I felt that the spoiler[wink Yurika gave] was indicative that she has spoiler[grown into her role], she won't be just spoiler[defined as the title of magical girl, princess of love and courage, or someone desperately trying to be known as that.] She is herself, he was friends with the normal human her, and that is okay if they are connected that way.

Yeah, for what I like about this series, this episode was pretty good. For some reason I suddenly had the thought of Akari from Captain Earth, both keep on saying that they are magical girls.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:31 am Reply with quote
Episode 10

Not the focus of the episode, but Yurika is a little less of totally pathetic like she was before. Still her spoiler[playing the horse] was very funny. And she is apparently spoiler[watching magical girl anime].

We are onto the subterranean people, and apparently it looks Kiriha has been maybe spoiler[subconsciously weakening the plan of invasion in favour of integration instead]. Having spoiler[a team of Red Rangers] is not original to this series, the same thing happened in spoiler[Samurai Flamenco], which kind of weakens it here. Actually I wonder if that show could have done better if it did more of here where yes crazy stuff happens, but it feels more consistent than that show.

Also have to mention Baron Demon, I like a main character who spoiler[can play a bad guy]. In general he was really good in that scene, including with spoiler[senpai and ripping the actual rangers apart]. Which has developed into making the female spoiler[ranger fall for him], not too overused so was funny. The reactions of the kids was also great, like the comment of spoiler[liking bad boys].
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:52 pm Reply with quote
Ep 11:

Amazing how Yurika never gets credit for anything she does.

Other than being a somewhat fun episode, the only thing to comment on is that I liked how Satomi and Kurano were able to talk things out. He's even able to complement her on being attractive and nothing gets awkward.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:41 pm Reply with quote
Episode 11

*puts on announcer voice*
So once again, the day is saved, thanks to Yurika.

There not even trying to hide that spoiler[he is the one she met]. I am thinking there must be some crazy connection with the others too. Crazy theory time, Yurika's being so spoiler[adamant on him being with the senpai, that she makes friends quickly with her, and there seems to be no romance between him and Yurika, I will throw in the possibility that she is actually his future daughter]. Yeah I make a lot of crazy predictions.
Cam0

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:10 pm Reply with quote
Well it was a fairly fun series. The main 4 girls didn't seem to possess any strong feelings towards Koutarou and neither did he. Was more like a group of weird people becoming good friends, getting along, helping each other out and having fun. I liked that. I also quite liked the ending theme. Will probably give this a decent rating.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:18 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I thought the ending or rather finale was rather cute. The comedy was innocent and the episode has a taste of nostologia to it. spoiler[Christmas] will be here in a few more months though so the latest episode is a preview of it Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:37 am Reply with quote
Episode 12

The series started out a bit wonky with looking like just an excuse for a crazy harem, but through the course I really don't think it was the case, friends is more of what they were than potential lovers. Sakuraba seems to be the official girl. But what is with spoiler[that scene where her hair goes silver and acts like a princess while he acts like a knight]? Something odd happened which I want to see more of.

From what felt like a bad beginning I ended up liking the characters. The best being Yurika who is just so off for the character, the show treats that way, but with heart. All the characters really receive growth. I will rate this Good, overall is definitely worth watching, with a bit more focus it probably could have been even better.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:53 pm Reply with quote
Decent (my rating for this title). Not much more to say.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:25 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I will rate this Good, overall is definitely worth watching, with a bit more focus it probably could have been even better.

Same rating, similar feelings on the show, the show doesn't stand out from the crowd but at the same time it executes the concept in a decent manner.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:54 pm Reply with quote
it was a lot better than I thought it would be. Other than Yurika's annoying voice, I don't really have any complaints. Nice amount of development for everyone. It was enjoyable, and I'd love for a second season to happen.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4