• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Black Bullet (TV).

Goto page   Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:37 am Reply with quote

Black Bullet

Genres: action, mystery, science fiction

Plot Summary: In the year 2021, mankind was defeated by Gastrea, a parasitical virus, and is forced to live within a wall made of Baranuim monoliths, a metal that is able to subdue Gastrea. Soon, the "Cursed Children", children born infected with the Gastrea virus who are able to control them which gives them superhuman abilities, was discovered. Due to the Gastrea virus' intervention, the Cursed Children could only be female. Civil Securities are formed to specialize fighting against Gastrea, operating with the pair of an Initiator, who are cursed children, and a Promoter, serving to lead the cursed children. Ten years after the war, Rentarō Satomi, a high school student who is also a Promoter in his childhood friend Kisara Tendō's Tendō Civil Security, along with his Initator Enju Aihara, receives a secret mission to prevent the Tokyo Area's destruction.
----------------------------------

I'm pretty hyped about this one tbh. I read both the LN and manga and the series actually has dramatic moments that makes it worthwhile to remember. As far as the season goes, I assume this will be a one cour so hopefully it will be adapted faithfully.

Previews are also up:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=pqzHE-Y6538
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-VkhMyUT4w
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:34 pm Reply with quote
Haha, the leads already remind me of Aria and Kinji and that's always a fun time so I'll probably check it out.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:00 pm Reply with quote
Hue a kiss in the 2nd preview.
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:08 am Reply with quote
Episode 1:

FRIPSIDE! And right away, the show kicks off with the premise in the beginning. Eh, I find spoiler[Enju kinda annoying. I mean, she is cute but it might take me awhile to get used to her. Kisara on the other hand was awesome. The transformation scenes were kinda disgusting but it can't be helped with a premise like that. Some parts of it reminded me of Aria the Scarlet Ammo but without as much as fan service. I'm hoping there will be more development later on. Kagetane gave me the creeps already Confused]

Still, a good set up at least in terms of the premise so far imo.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:09 pm Reply with quote
Interesting story. A mysterious masked man. Young hero.
Check. Check. Check.
I will be watching this one!
The spoiler[loli & some fan service] is something I can endure.
Action parts were really good ^^
Hope it'll keep getting better with each episode.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:56 pm Reply with quote
Fripside and Nagi Yanagi? Is this heaven? A very nice first episode. Probably my favorite first episode out of all the new ones I watched.
Ampharos

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Liking the show so far despite a couple reservations. Looking forward to the next episode!
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:13 pm Reply with quote
Aside from the OBVIOUSLY otaku pandering loli I like what i've seen from the show so far. Maybe they'll explain the whole children with super powers only being female thing and I sincerely hope it isn't just a means to give the MC a loli filled harem (the show doesn't seem to be leading into that direction but it's frightening possibility).
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:28 am Reply with quote
Episode 1

Somehow I missed this episode when it was first put up.

I guess I like what I see, but I am not a huge fan of gore like that, especially if it happens with multiple types of people.

Just wondering about Enju, whether she is older than she looks despite being in elementary school, the episode was not too clear on it, she sure acted like she was not actually a child. It is not like I hate lolis, especially if they are the type that are older than they look, so it will probably keep me on this series. I like her from what I saw, and his actual desire to go after someone is noted.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:18 pm Reply with quote
Given that the incident with the "Cursed Children" happened 10 years prior to this episode we can assume she is indeed older than she looks.

Still once I start seeing children making sexual innuendo jokes they instantly lose the cuteness factor in my opinion. It doesn't really matter if she's older does she really have to talk like a bloody whore??!!!! Rolling Eyes
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:10 pm Reply with quote
leatherhead333 wrote:
Given that the incident with the "Cursed Children" happened 10 years prior to this episode we can assume she is indeed older than she looks.

Still once I start seeing children making sexual innuendo jokes they instantly lose the cuteness factor in my opinion.

She is legitimately 10 iirc, but you don't have to be afraid of anything more than jokes on her part, this title is not lolicon after all.
spoiler[It's also Kisara who is going to be the target of Rentarou's romance, not Enju]
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:07 pm Reply with quote
Episode 2:

Decent episode and it spoiler[established the cruelty of the cursed children well, in which their life is very harsh. Take a look @ Enju and the other girl that was killed this episode. That's pretty good evidence there. Still, Enju and Rentaro's bonding did overcome some of that cruelty but she still has memories of it.]

Well, that was also a rather violent episode imo.
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:17 pm Reply with quote
And yet another hamfisted attempt at portraying discrimination. Yay.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:40 pm Reply with quote
Pretty intense episode.
First part was really interesting.
It's nice they have a mission now ^^
Not just running around aimlessly.
I like this anime more and more!
Things got a nice twist with Enju as well.
Bango

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:06 pm Reply with quote
Ep1 -

This really does remind me a lot of Scarlet Ammo (which I dropped really early on. I forget how many eps) so I won't be surprised if this meets the same fate. I like the gore factor at least. And I'm always fond of creepy little girls, which I'm told this has. Enju really pisses me off though. I'm not bothered by a skank-talking 10 year old in fiction but I just find her annoying overall. That villain guy also annoyed me.

The premise seems a bit too convenient for me too. So the only people who can stop monsters that potentially kill hundreds of people and cause millions in damages are privatized and failing? And of course the government teams not only serve no purpose (unable to handle or contain the threat) but also add to the problem by potentially generating even more monsters.

I'm in it for a few more episodes, mainly to see what becomes of the dude and his boss.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, and this one's not really a beef but just a thing- After the battle was over how the hell did spoiler[that second cop not see the giant pulverized spider corpse until he was standing in it!? No matter that way he came from he had to walk over or around spider chunks.] Failed your perception roll, detective?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page   Next
Page 1 of 12