• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Bladedance of Elementalers (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:32 pm Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:

So he was bought over to spoiler[defeat himself?] o.o

The answer to your question.
Bango

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:14 am Reply with quote
I stopped it after half way because I was getting bad vibes (spoiler[moody chick who might be a tsundere with a whip claims the dude as her own]. so boring now.) and a shadow of tournament crap but if it has Vaisaga's seal of approval (and I did love me some DxD) I'll give it another shot. I think not being able to watch anime on a computer this season has made me impatient. Normally I don't turn tail that quickly on something that's at least remotely up my alley.

Oh, and if I'm going to watch the whole episode... *opens subs, changes all instances of elementaler to elementalist, re-inserts subs* because elementaler sounds FREAKIN STUPID!

--
Ok, I finished the ep. It does get better in the 2nd half. At least there's an air of mystery and I want to know the connection between spoiler[Ren and Kamito, and what his history is with the headmaster]. Looking at the promo poster for the first time I'm also holding out for the white and purple haired girls.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:41 am Reply with quote
Bango wrote:
Vaisaga's seal of approval

I'm honored that's a thing Laughing

While technically the Blade Dance is a tournament, it doesn't really have the format of one.

And Claire is pretty moody, but that's where character development comes in. Also, her backstory more than justifies why she is that way. Unlike another loathesome pink haired whip toting tsundere I could name.

Bango wrote:
Looking at the promo poster for the first time I'm also holding out for the white and purple haired girls.

Est (white haired one) is love. Est is life.
Bango

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:40 pm Reply with quote
Well, being around people for a while you can draw similarities between tastes. Like, if someones likes a dozen things I like then I'll be more inclined to give his recommendation a 2nd chance. This goes for everything in life, from videogames to nachos. I found my new favourite restaurant that way.
maxwell3094

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:26 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Est (white haired one) is love. Est is life.

Truer words have never been spoken. Laughing
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:45 am Reply with quote
The first minute of the anime made it look like it had potential. But then it all vanished afterwards. *sigh*

Don’t you hate it when anime does that? Sometimes you’ll get tempted with how it could possibly be great and then it just starts throwing cliche after cliche at yah.

I think they do it on purpose honestly. I got the same feeling from Dragonar which turned out to be a HUGE disappointment. It seems like harem shows suffer the most from being uninspiring and generic in nature.

I do like the MC though. He’s competent with a humorous personality but he really needs to pick his words and actions better. He’s at a school filled with girls who are pretty weary of him so he thinks pushing one up against the wall and faking a kiss would be a good idea??!!!! Baka.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:37 am Reply with quote
The thing about potential is that you need to wait for it to pay off. Tipping your hand too early will only cause more problems down the road.

Although one of Blade Dance's strong points is that it doesn't drag out its secrets for too long.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:52 pm Reply with quote
Finally got around to this, and I like it. Didn't blow me away or anything, but it's a good start and I do want to see more. What I like most is that Kamito is not Ichika, so far at least. He seems reasonably competent, which is nice.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:23 am Reply with quote
Ok..........is nearly EVERY girl in this anime a Tsundere? I don't think I can make through this.....

I bet Chibi would just eat this show up lol.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:27 am Reply with quote
Episode 2

Going through the motions, but not as a necessary bad example, of course there were some pitfalls. Positives though is that the MC is actually rather good, he is pretty forceful at spoiler[keeping his dignity], he let them know they spoiler[screwed up, and they almost kind of admitted it], granted it spoiler["pierce" is part of your chant] it is probably not going to end well. Tsundere number one was relatively okay with the whole spoiler[invitation into her room, the cat cleaning the room] was both cute and giggle worthy when it spoiler[set the rubbish on fire], and the kind of explained things now instead of drawing that out. He did not totally freak out over surprise spoiler[slime monster, and she did not hit him over him seeing her, the jacket over her] was probably a smart move, of course he messed up at the end but hey even an anime girl can make that mistake.

The characters seem pretty able, and our main characters seem to get along regardless. A likable flat and fiery girl and a blonde ojousama. Kind of thinking they are like Natsu and Gray level rivalry, on having a fire cat and the other having a ice dog wolf.

Also keep liking that he can throw girls off their game by complementing them, even if his magic spoiler[butter knife could not do much]. And I like parts of the ending song. Also kitty spoiler[stove].
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:38 pm Reply with quote
leatherhead333 wrote:
Ok..........is nearly EVERY girl in this anime a Tsundere? I don't think I can make through this.....

I bet Chibi would just eat this show up lol.

but different type of Tsundere. I never watch an anime that all the girls are Tsundere, so i hope other girls are Tsundere too. lol
The ed song is funny, hai hai hai hai
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:24 pm Reply with quote
Infinite Stratos has an all tsundere harem, though the tsun level varies from girl to girl.

Here in Blade Dance, it's somewhat more justified as these are all sheltered rich girls who have no idea how to handle boys the same age as them. Reading all that erotic literature like Claire does probably doesn't help any either Laughing

I think it interesting that Rinslet is more of a tsundere towards Claire than she is Kamito.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:55 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Infinite Stratos has an all tsundere harem, though the tsun level varies from girl to girl.

Here in Blade Dance, it's somewhat more justified as these are all sheltered rich girls who have no idea how to handle boys the same age as them. Reading all that erotic literature like Claire does probably doesn't help any either Laughing

I think it interesting that Rinslet is more of a tsundere towards Claire than she is Kamito.

Cecilia, Charlotte, Sarashiki sisters are not tsundere
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:08 pm Reply with quote
Like I said, varying degrees. There are two types, remember. All of them can get pretty violent with Ichika at times (Tatenashi isn't officially in the harem yet).
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:07 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Reading all that erotic literature like Claire does probably doesn't help any either Laughing

As expected she is into dominance, but maybe the opposite to Louise.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7