• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Soccer Star Atsuto Uchida Lends Voice to Pokémon Film

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdo7

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:41 pm Reply with quote
Hm, very interesting to read. But I doubt the Japanese voice will be seen outside of Japan.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Juno016

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:06 pm Reply with quote
We've already seen a clip of his voice on GetTV and... it's not pretty. At all. But that just makes it nice to hear. It's pretty obvious that it's a guest voice, and those who know who it is will be thrilled to hear it. Pokemon is very popular with a few soccer teams I was familiar with back when I was in Japan.
ETX

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:14 pm Reply with quote
Juno016 wrote:
We've already seen a clip of his voice on GetTV and... it's not pretty. At all. But that just makes it nice to hear. It's pretty obvious that it's a guest voice, and those who know who it is will be thrilled to hear it. Pokemon is very popular with a few soccer teams I was familiar with back when I was in Japan.

Let's not forget that Pikachu was the official mascot for the Japanese team in the world cup.
Juno016

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:15 pm Reply with quote
ETX wrote:
Juno016 wrote:

Let's not forget that Pikachu was the official mascot for the Japanese team in the world cup.

Of course. That's part of why they did this collaboration in the first place. =P
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1