• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What does Sailor Moon mean to you? - Winners

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Swirlyd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:38 am Reply with quote
yeah I couldn't top first place, good for her. That's just awesome Very Happy
CodenameSailorB

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:01 am Reply with quote
Congrats to the winners so far!! And, WOW, the first place winner! Absolutely outstanding. Seriously, that's just spectacular.
silentgrace7

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:10 pm Reply with quote
Isn't there supposed to be 3 honorable mentions? o.o

I only counted five winners thus far (the thing said "Now for our first six winners")....I'm confused x_x
Prissi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:15 pm Reply with quote
I am indeed super honored!! Whoa, that first place winner's story <3
WistfulMidnight

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:26 pm Reply with quote
I'm mainly a bit sad to see that the cosplays are being shoehorned into the honorable mentions. Their messages are actually more concise than .. well.. yeah. I mean, it sort of makes me wonder if the people judging know the show that well either. All the female cast (save for classmates and family members) are literally princesses. Not to mention the fact that they all get saved by Tuxedo Mask so much it got annoying in its repetitiveness and predictability. And I can remember more than a few episodes dedicated to the struggle of being a Princess or royalty. Be it through Usagi or Chibiusa.
Also the lack of drawn art so far ;u; there were some really pretty ones. Though I have a feeling I know which will be the grand prize. Hoping at least, that some art and/or cosplay makes it in still. People spent weeks or more of hard, dedicated work simply for the love of the character to represent them literally in real life. Be it on paper/screen or in fabric and wigs.

Despite that, I'm not sending any ill vibes to those that did win, and offer many grats~!
HeeroTX

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:03 pm Reply with quote
sunflower wrote:
When I voted the other day, I didn't see any of the winning entries on the list...?

Congratulations to them though! I thought everyone who entered pretty much deserved to win. Smile

I don't know for fact, but I'm ASSUMING that the entries that won based on judges picks (honorable mentions and place winners) are essentially disqualified for the readers choice (can't win twice), so I'd ASSUME that the "winners" will all be "new" aside from the one that gets most votes.
WistfulMidnight

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:12 pm Reply with quote
HeeroTX wrote:

I don't know for fact, but I'm ASSUMING that the entries that won based on judges picks (honorable mentions and place winners) are essentially disqualified for the readers choice (can't win twice), so I'd ASSUME that the "winners" will all be "new" aside from the one that gets most votes.

yeah~ it was stated as just that on the voting page:
"Why didn't X Entry Make it to the last round:
Either they didn't receive enough votes, or they won one of the other prizes."
tygerchickchibi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:25 pm Reply with quote
Evan got listed twice.

"Audience Favorite" and "Honorable Mention."

What a lucky guy. So even if he doesn't win Audience Favorite, he still at least gets that.

I guess because you can do multiple entries it doesn't matter... :0

hmm.
KrisRix

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:35 pm Reply with quote
tygerchickchibi wrote:
Evan got listed twice.

"Audience Favorite" and "Honorable Mention."

What a lucky guy. So even if he doesn't win Audience Favorite, he still at least gets that.

I guess because you can do multiple entries it doesn't matter... :0

hmm.

Yikes... That goes directly against what the contest stated. Now he's up for two spots, which isn't fair, considering they said that wouldn't be the case... : ( But then if they remove him from the Audience Vote list as they should, all the people who already voted for him are out of the voting pool. Messy.
Emma Iveli

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:35 pm Reply with quote
Man... why does this contest get messy. I mean they said it was going to be three honorable mentions, there's only 2 AND one of them also made the final vote, what the hell!

I thought they cleared things up by this point, turns out they didn't.

I honestly hate this contest... I really do...
sakurablossom143

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:46 pm Reply with quote
The contest does seem rather, under-planned. There was a huge delay, etc... I really had hoped maybe they would send everyone who entered a consolation of a sort... i mean... to at least let us know that we participated in a contest.
WistfulMidnight

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:49 pm Reply with quote
Sending a 'little something' to like.. 700-1000 people is a bit much considering it would probably take them 100x longer to send things out than it did for most people to have made their submissions in general. Not to mention cost them money for the items (nothing is free) -and- shipping.
Just some functionality would be appreciated since I think all of us -are- passionate enough about the subject matter to take even a contest like this a bit seriously. Rough starts, I understand but I dunno..
tygerchickchibi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:43 pm Reply with quote
It could've been a direct miscommunication between ANN and Viz, you know.

I noticed this the second that they put the honorable mentions up. I didn't say anything at first but because I wasn't sure, but since it's confirmed that it contradicts their rules, I have no idea how they will change it.

Last edited by tygerchickchibi on Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mooniegirl

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:52 pm Reply with quote
Disappointed. Put my all into what I created. Didn't stand a chance next to cosplays, as I expected.
I do like the winner who is an astronaut though. At least that isn't cosplay and a fair winner, I feel anyway. It's unique and touching.

Is it the same Evan? Because if he wins the audience favorite as well, that really sucks for other people.
tygerchickchibi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:18 pm Reply with quote
Mooniegirl wrote:

Is it the same Evan? Because if he wins the audience favorite as well, that really sucks for other people.

Yes. Almost exact picture, same name.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5