• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Temporal Tempers

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:24 am Reply with quote
Persona 3 Portable's female protagonist (as well as the male protagonist) need to be part of the game. Somehow. And Shinjiro. I honestly don't like Marie, and I think the blank slates of the protagonists are actually more interesting... hahaha
R. Kasahara

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:14 pm Reply with quote
As someone who likes shmups but is not very good at them, Mighty Tactical Shooter looks really interesting. Definitely going to keep an eye on that Kickstarter.
IanC

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:18 pm Reply with quote
Tekken 7? Oooooh Smile

Unreal Engine 4. Ohhhhh Sad

Pass.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:13 pm Reply with quote
A shame Valkyrie from Legend of Valkyrie isn't in Smash as a playable character, but I doubt most people in the U.S. even know who she is. Valkyria Saber would be a great Final Smash for her, of course.
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:13 pm Reply with quote
I'm not one to make snarky responses, but some of what Todd said here is too good to avoid...

Quote:
Or maybe it's just a sequel to the Ono-produced Chaos Legion. I'm sure someone out there wants that.

*raises hand*

Quote:
Most interesting is a dual-screen option that lets players use a Vita or PSP as a controller, with the handheld's screen showing details about the battle. Just like a Dreamcast VMU!

Or, you know... Just like a Wii U Gamepad. (Just to note, I am a giant Dreamcast fan & fully acknowledge that the VMU was a fair bit ahead of its time)
PipingHotTea

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:29 pm Reply with quote
mewpudding101 wrote:
Persona 3 Portable's female protagonist (as well as the male protagonist) need to be part of the game. Somehow. And Shinjiro. I honestly don't like Marie, and I think the blank slates of the protagonists are actually more interesting... hahaha

Same here, I never did like Marie and imo I think she's an unnecessary character for an almost perfect game (not Arena, Persona 4). It'll be interesting to see MShe and Shinjiro in the game but not sure if that's gonna work due to the timeline and which universe are they following with. Be more awesome if they can bring back some characters from P1 and P2.
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:53 pm Reply with quote
IanC wrote:
Tekken 7? Oooooh Smile

Unreal Engine 4. Ohhhhh Sad

Pass.
So you'd pass up a game because of a new engine even before seeing how they actually use the engine?

That seems kind of dumb.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Animehermit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:58 pm Reply with quote
I don't even think anything has even used the Unreal 4 engine yet. So I don't know why you'd have low expectations for it to begin with.
EnigmaticSky

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:08 pm Reply with quote
As far as pixel art goes, there are tons and tons of indie games that use the generic nes look. I would like to see more diversity in the sprite work. Final Fantasy sprites have their own style (at least for the snes), so I don't see why we can't see more sprites with more than a generic style. I mean if 2d is just easier then you can use full on drawings or flash animations like Super Meat Boy.
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:40 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
"Or maybe it's just a sequel to the Ono-produced Chaos Legion. I'm sure someone out there wants that."
Id yell "Lacroix! you bastard" out loud again. That and to see Arcia in HD, oh lala.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:21 am Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:
A shame Valkyrie from Legend of Valkyrie isn't in Smash as a playable character, but I doubt most people in the U.S. even know who she is. Valkyria Saber would be a great Final Smash for her, of course.

I don't how that would work. Valkyrie is a square enix/tri ace property, and I don't think either would allow the character in smash, especially since Square puts out its own fighters, although they are put out rather infrequently.

Also I liked Chaos Legion. I don't why it got the flack it did, its at least on par with the first devil may cry.
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:27 am Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:

I don't how that would work. Valkyrie is a square enix/tri ace property, and I don't think either would allow the character in smash, especially since Square puts out its own fighters, although they are put out rather infrequently.
He's talking about Valkyrie no Densetsu, not Valkyrie Profile. It's a namco game and it's main character actually appeared in Namco X Capcom.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Levitz9

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:41 am Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:
belvadeer wrote:

You've got your valkyries mixed up. The Valkyrie we're talking about is from this game, Legend of Valkyrie. You're thinking of Lenneth from Valkyrie Profile.
Dessa

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:34 am Reply with quote
Rahxephon91 wrote:
CrownKlown wrote:

He's talking about Valkyrie no Densetsu, not Valkyrie Profile. It's a namco game and it's main character actually appeared in Namco X Capcom.

She was in Project x Zone, too, as a solo support unit. Her attack there would be hilarious as a Final Smash.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:33 pm Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
She was in Project x Zone, too, as a solo support unit. Her attack there would be hilarious as a Final Smash.

I can see it now:

"Big Magic!"

*butt crushes*

"Ah!" Embarassed
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2