• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
FUNimation October 2014 Solicitations

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WTK

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:48 pm Reply with quote
via TRSI & FUNimation Shop...

Last edited by WTK on Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Sohma_Curse

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:58 pm Reply with quote
Strange, Index is listed as DVD only on the page despite the cover art saying blu ray/DVD combo.

Either way, Index, Hellsing, and GitS are definite pickups.
WTK

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:32 pm Reply with quote
Dfens

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:37 pm Reply with quote
If you look at Rightstuf and Funimations product description it says 2 Blu Rays included so we know it's a combo pack. ANN kind of leaked this info early when I saw a banner with the cover image that showed DVD/Blu-Ray about a week or so ago.

But still I don't know if I'll even pick it up since they made us wait so dam long to release the Index series which at one time I was a huge fan.

Plus the fact the first season and all of Railgun seasons 1 and 2 are DVD only kind of has turned me off. Railgun is not as bad looking but Index Season 1 looks god dam awful hardly any better than the fan subs I had back in the day that where AVI before MKV 8 or 10 bit where available.

I know the movie will probably be on Blu-Ray too but that one is just a filler movie so not really worth watching more than once.
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:28 pm Reply with quote
Debating over whether or not to get Hellsing Ultimate's final two episodes. To my regret, I winded up watching the final two episodes through not-so-legal means as my supposed anime "swan song" to finish the series when I had my big burn out back in April. The series is enough of a keeper for me that I wouldn't want to sell the two sets I got last year.

Speaking of which, where are the other Hellsing: The Dawn special episodes? They included the first one on the second Ultimate set. Confused
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:33 pm Reply with quote
Oh look, Hellsing 9 and 10. I watched the four Geneon releases, hated them, bought OVAs 5-8 from Funimation, hated them and now I get to hate 9 and 10.

Sold my copy of 5-8 just in time then.
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:39 pm Reply with quote
I wish Funimation would do an artbox for these last two Hellsing episodes to match the first box. I'm sure that won't happen, though
Akaname

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:25 pm Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:
Oh look, Hellsing 9 and 10. I watched the four Geneon releases, hated them, bought OVAs 5-8 from Funimation, hated them and now I get to hate 9 and 10.

Sold my copy of 5-8 just in time then.

Wow, you're just one big "hate" machine. I'm sure the stress from "hating" everything will eventually take it's toll, and the rest of us won't be forced to "hate" your presence here any longer.
potatochobit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:17 pm Reply with quote
haters gotta hate, bro
welcome to the internet
I didn't choose the troll life, the troll life chose me

Dfens wrote:

Plus the fact the first season and all of Railgun seasons 1 and 2 are DVD only kind of has turned me off. Railgun is not as bad looking but Index Season 1 looks god dam awful hardly any better than the fan subs I had back in the day that where AVI before MKV 8 or 10 bit where available.

patience, grasshopper
http://www.funimation.com/blog/2014/07/05/a-certain-magical-home-video-update/

they sure are trying to push fairy tail out fast
10 was just released and 11 is coming now and then 12 and 13 in the same month
Kruszer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:49 pm Reply with quote
Ooh! Looks like a good month. I'll be picking up:

A Certain Magical Index II Part 1
Ghost in the Shell: Arise Part 1 (Borders 1 and 2)
Hellsing Ultimate Part 3 (episodes 9-10)
Dfens

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:28 am Reply with quote
Well it's good to hear season 1 of Railgun is finally getting a Blu-Ray and the fact that I didn't buy it on DVD. But that doesn't change the fact I got burned once again for season 1 of Index that looked like shit on DVD and if I want it on Blu-Ray I have to double dip and re-buy it. Plus the fact since season 2 of Railgun just came out I have to wait what nearly year and half or two years for it on Blu-Ray.

From now on especially from Funimation if it's a DVD only I'm not buying it, because if I wait they may re-release it or F-it won't buy the dam thing at all.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:42 am Reply with quote
I'm glad there's a re-release now for Black Butler II. I didn't really want an artbox that isn't as pretty as the first season's artbox, plus I wouldn't fill it anyway. :p
ColonelYao47

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:53 am Reply with quote
Evangelion Crisis: Day 212

As a provision for the safe release of Evangelion 3.33, Funimation has demanded restitution from the United Nerddom for damages done by the Kodocha Conflict. At this time, there is no response. Earlier negotiations have stalled due to the UN refusing to incorporate debts resulting from the Heat Guy J program as part of the deal.

Disclaimer: The views and comments written above are not the views of Anime News Network, Funimation, and the Rebuild of Evangelion Production Committee. This is the fake commentary of one bored commenter alone.
Leland Lee

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:54 pm Reply with quote
Soo...think Funi will mail me a generic slipcover for Hellsing Part 2 if I badger them enough? :<

Cause, if they're not gonna include a box with the final set (or at least the option), I'd like to at least have a bit of consistency on my shelf.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:03 am Reply with quote
There was a box with part 2, that holds the first 2 volumes. I already had 1-4 of the steelbooks, released by Geneon, so I just bought part 2 with the box and I'm just going to use that box's empty space to put Part 3 in instead of 1. Not ideal, but it's a solution. Personally, I would rather have had 6 more steelbooks for consistency.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3