• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Stand By Me Doraemon 3D CG Film's New Trailers Tease Drama, Romance

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CastMember1991

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:02 am Reply with quote
John Lasseter and Disney need to buy the rights to the film in the US and give it a wide release.
Veniamin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:03 am Reply with quote
A perfect opportunity is for America to get this movie RIGHT after the Disney season is finished and give them a proper good-bye.

...Until they announced more new episodes that is.
michaeltanzer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:47 pm Reply with quote
Damn right!!! I think John Lasseter and Disney should buy the rights to the film, badly!
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:53 pm Reply with quote
Although I hadn't seen Doraemon in more than ten years, I know I'll miss him forever. I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve.

Doraemon, does anyone?
EricJ2

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:20 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I hadn't seen Doraemon in....a week, since I YouTubed the Disney X-D episodes. Wink
(Although the fan subbed episodes of the JP 2014 series are still about.)

michaeltanzer wrote:
Damn right!!! I think John Lasseter and Disney should buy the rights to the film, badly!

It's too bad that Disney X-D is practically ignoring the series as a throwaway summer replacement--Especially when it's the only good watchable non-Marvel show on X-D, but there's almost literally no mention of it on the Disney website, after they took down the trailer. Otherwise there's ten to fifteen years of ready-made "direct-videos" for the importing.
This one, though, feels like it fell into a different company, who had to make it IMPORTANT! enough to end the series...Which it isn't anyway, since another traditional anime movie has already been announced. Rolling Eyes
CastMember1991

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:18 pm Reply with quote
EricJ2 wrote:
It's too bad that Disney X-D is practically ignoring the series as a throwaway summer replacement--Especially when it's the only good watchable non-Marvel show on X-D, but there's almost literally no mention of it on the Disney website, after they took down the trailer. Otherwise there's ten to fifteen years of ready-made "direct-videos" for the importing.
This one, though, feels like it fell into a different company, who had to make it IMPORTANT! enough to end the series...Which it isn't anyway, since another traditional anime movie has already been announced. :roll:

I hope you're wrong. It would be a travesty to see Disney XD let such a beloved franchise fail in the US on purpose. This is why I absolutely hate Disney Channel/Disney XD, they make big anime franchises like Naruto and Doraemon fail on purpose just so they can focus on their own bad kid-coms and poorly-animated cartoons (outside of Phineas and Ferb). Not to mention they only occasionally air a Disney or Pixar movie. By the way, has Viz said anything about what kinds of Doraemon merchandise we'll see soon?
suprememoonempress

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:24 pm Reply with quote
This looks sad .-.
prime_pm

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:53 pm Reply with quote
So this is about how Doraemon and the kids go out to find the dead body?

I'll wait for someone to get this reference.
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:19 pm Reply with quote
CastMember1991 wrote:
EricJ2 wrote:
This one, though, feels like it fell into a different company, who had to make it IMPORTANT! enough to end the series...Which it isn't anyway, since another traditional anime movie has already been announced. Rolling Eyes

I hope you're wrong. It would be a travesty to see Disney Anime hyper let such a beloved franchise fail in the US on purpose. This is why I absolutely hate Disney Channel/Disney Anime hyper, they make big anime franchises like Naruto and Doraemon fail on purpose just so they can focus on their own bad kid-coms and poorly-animated cartoons (outside of Phineas and Ferb). Not to mention they only occasionally air a Disney or Pixar movie. By the way, has Viz said anything about what kinds of Doraemon merchandise we'll see soon?

Don't forget gravity falls, wether you like the show or not that actually has effort put into it.

Sorry just had to toss that out there.
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:37 pm Reply with quote
This looks a bit like a fan-made thing you'd find on Youtube than something official.
L stole my cookie!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:56 pm Reply with quote
prime_pm wrote:

I get the reference Very Happy
L stole my cookie!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:59 pm Reply with quote
Is Doraemon enjoyable for people way past the intended audience? To be honest, it actually does sound interesting but if it's one of those kid's shows that's just about morals/life lessons then count me out.
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:33 am Reply with quote
L stole my cookie! wrote:
prime_pm wrote:

I get the reference Very Happy

I said the same thing when the movie was announced. Anime hyper

I also said, "There'd better be a dead body, or I'll be disappoint."
EricJ2

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:48 am Reply with quote
Is Doraemon enjoyable for people way past the intended audience? To be honest, it actually does sound interesting but if it's one of those kid's shows that's just about morals/life lessons then count me out.

It's more like a kids' I Dream of Jeannie. If Jeannie was, y'know...a robot cat. Razz
And Maj. Nelson was a lot wimpier.
Stuart Smith

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:12 am Reply with quote

Japan doesn't really make those moral/life lesson of the day kids shows like America does. Doraemon is all about childhood adventures and having fun. The only real lesson of Doraemon is probably to enjoy your childhood while you can, because your worldview changes drastically as an adult. A bit of a depressing theme, all things considered.

Even though I didn't grow up with the 2005 version, watching the early opening for it still fills me with tons of nostalgia. I really enjoy the series, and the movies are fantastic. Even if you don't watch the series itself, I recommend the movies.

-Stuart Smith
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2