• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Viz Offers Sailor Moon Classic for Digital Purchase

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheMorry

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:45 am Reply with quote
Buying this would be a waste of money considering you can buy the dual audio in a few months. People who buy this are either stupid or got to much money on their hands. xD. But Then again, some people hate dubbed and only like subbed but to me its still a waste of money.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:37 am Reply with quote
By "Sailor Moon Classic", I was hoping they meant the classic Sailor Moon, you know the one who fought evil by moonlight but no, it's just the subbed Sailor Moon otherwise known as Sailor Moon and not Sailor Moon Crystal.

Hey, remember when there was just one Sailor Moon?

Of course, I also remember the first comic where they translated "everything" and instead of Usagi, we had Bunny. Makes Serena look all that much better, right?

Serena, Molly, Darien, I may write the Japanese names but I really don't mean them.
zeo1fan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:09 am Reply with quote
TheMorry wrote:
Buying this would be a waste of money considering you can buy the dual audio in a few months. People who buy this are either stupid or got to much money on their hands. xD. But Then again, some people hate dubbed and only like subbed but to me its still a waste of money.

Or the people buying only want select episodes. Or don't have the money for a box set.
rainbowrabbit

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:07 am Reply with quote
TheMorry wrote:

While I agree this sounds like a waste of money, you took things too far by labeling people who buy this as "stupid" and making assumptions about their financial situation. There's nothing okay about that.
TheMorry

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:19 am Reply with quote
rainbowrabbit wrote:
TheMorry wrote:

While I agree this sounds like a waste of money, you took things too far by labeling people who buy this as "stupid" and making assumptions about their financial situation. There's nothing okay about that.
And you are takng it to far for by looking to much into the meaning of it. There is nothing really wrong with what i said. But i suppose i should've put "being" infornt of "stupid".
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:41 am Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:
By "Sailor Moon Classic", I was hoping they meant the classic Sailor Moon, you know the one who fought evil by moonlight but no, it's just the subbed Sailor Moon otherwise known as the ACTUAL Sailor Moon and not Sailor Moon Crystal, or the americanized chop-job.

I fixed that for you.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:13 am Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
Animegomaniac wrote:
By "Sailor Moon Classic", I was hoping they meant the classic Sailor Moon, you know the one who fought evil by moonlight but no, it's just the subbed Sailor Moon otherwise known as the ACTUAL 1992 Original Sailor Moon and not Sailor Moon Crystal, or the americanized chop-job.

I fixed that for you.

Again.
wonderwomanhero

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:16 am Reply with quote
I don't understand the whole half-set thing. Funimation did the same thing with Attack on Titan. It just doesn't make sense to me. They've released the entire first season in one set before, so why not do it again?

I'm just pleased the visual and audio quality will be much better than the incredibly crappy 2003 transfer with mono that we got.
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:31 pm Reply with quote
TheMorry wrote:

I'm not into digital downloads, but keep in mind that there are a number of people that prefer something digital over something physical, be it for lack of space, belief in one format over the other, or for means of convenience (mobile/portable devices). It has its place and there is clearly a market/desire for it, based on the number of works present across the entertainment spectrum. Why turn down money when there is an area to make it in?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1