• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Durarara!! Premieres on U.S. TV's Adult Swim Tonight

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marcos torres toledo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:33 pm Reply with quote
Yes I am looking forward to watching Durarara as for the time you can give thanks this is not on SyFy they moved their anime block to 1 am when it's on and that hasn't been on for two weeks now so thank your lusky stars it on at 12:30 and stop conplainning Very Happy
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:47 pm Reply with quote
darkhappy1 wrote:
Wait, 12:30. Hmm. No. Not going to bother with this... Oh well, I'll just wait for a Blu-ray set or something to watch this. It would've been better to have it on at 11:30, but meh.

Be happy they are airing it at all. 11:30 is a better timeslot in terms of ratings and anime ratings aren't high enough to be worth it. Its why they've put everything after midnight now
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:16 pm Reply with quote
Great! Cool
Fletcher1991

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:17 pm Reply with quote
I already watched this but I will check out the first episode again to see the dub. Plus I want it to get good ratings.
peachsncreamsoda

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:08 pm Reply with quote
Well, I seen it subbed when it first came out.
Seen it dubbed... when I got the DVD's...
But I think i'll watch it again on AS anyways Smile . It wasn't that bad a show imo. And it's not like I got anything better to watch anyways. In fact I actually can't wait to see it again Very Happy .

(They wouldn't really bleep the s word right? Is it really that much of a word to AS of all people? I could have sworn I'd heard it on there many times before. And did the show really say the f-word? I honestly must have missed it. Perhaps I've heard it said so many times in things I just never took notice Confused . And i'm far too lazy right now to go through every single episode just to find out.)
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:15 pm Reply with quote
I'm looking forward to this. Adult Swim seldom airs more than one show, whether comedy or otherwise, that want to watch in a night, so this might make for a nice change of form. Durarara!! seems like it might be a really fun show to watch, especially if it wants to earn those exclamation points, which would be just fine by me.

As for vulgarity; I believe that they are at the mercy their mother network's bureau of standards and practices, which I recall as being more severe with anime than with comedies. I won't be surprised, or bothered, either way on the censoring of it.

Last edited by Surrender Artist on Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
darkhappy1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:06 pm Reply with quote
John Casey wrote:
darkhappy1 wrote:
Wait, 12:30. Hmm. No. Not going to bother with this... Oh well, I'll just wait for a Blu-ray set or something to watch this. It would've been better to have it on at 11:30, but meh.

Too late for you? :/

Yep. Razz Usually I watch the two Boondocks episodes they air until 12 and then I find myself falling asleep after watching the SNL news skits. It's a pattern I've developed recently that helps me know that it is Sunday.

@RyanSaotome
I'm totally happy that adult swim is actually putting this on; I'm just annoyed that it's not at a convenient time for me. But hey, still good for everyone.

*sigh* Maybe I should just try making this a part of my usual Saturday night...

Last edited by darkhappy1 on Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
mglittlerobin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:07 pm Reply with quote
I'm going to watch it even though I own the DVDs just to see if they chop up the opening.
Sanosuke_Inara

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:56 pm Reply with quote
Surrender Artist wrote:
Durara!!
Wo-ho-ho, buddy--watch it, you missed a ra. Laughing
Hypeathon

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:15 pm Reply with quote
Sanosuke_Inara wrote:
Surrender Artist wrote:
Durara!!
Wo-ho-ho, buddy--watch it, you missed a ra. Laughing

And this guy added too many "ra's" (or "la's" or... whatever)! Yeeeeeeeaaaaah, I was personally hoping to insert that whenever someone talks about Durarara sometime and what are the odds I would put it in right when people are talking about it premiering on Adult Swim?
Lizzie_B

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:25 pm Reply with quote
I'm hoping to get into it Smile
Mr Big200

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:47 pm Reply with quote
my plan is to watch each episode on DVD then watch the AS broadcast just to see what was edited im going to see how they handle the opening and closing themes
rabrek

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:57 pm Reply with quote
A few weeks ago I noticed that Comcast has been offering FMA:B via VOD (at least in the Boston area). I'm recording both DRRR and FMA:B, but I wouldn't be surprised if DRRR turns up in VOD Sunday morning.

Locally, FMA:B appears in the main "series" listing as well as the expected anime niche area that you have to drill down to find. If DRRR follows suit, it'd help me pimp it out to a couple of people who'd be receptive to its charms... and everybody wins.

EDIT: DRRR is indeed on my Comcast VOD. Pimping will commence this evening.

Last edited by rabrek on Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anime Remix

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:49 pm Reply with quote
mglittlerobin wrote:
I'm going to watch it even though I own the DVDs just to see if they chop up the opening.
Oh yeah... They sure did chop up the opening... Now the s word is coming up...

Edit - Adult Swim cut the opening (and ending), and even bleeped the s word. Looks like the beginning of episode 7 of the dub is half ruined! Laughing

Last edited by Anime Remix on Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr Big200

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:50 pm Reply with quote
chop up the opening and the S word was bleep
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4