• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Seven Deadly Sins Anime Commercial Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:21 am Reply with quote
Cool definitely looking forward to this. Hopefully it will be a 2 cour that will be adapted faithfully.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
wohdin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:00 pm Reply with quote
Never heard of this, but it looks interesting. I'm digging the art style, at least. Reminds me of classic multinational works like Little Nemo and such. Seeing a more gritty series done in such a visual style would be quite refreshing.
Gal3riel

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:07 pm Reply with quote
im so gladd yuuus
BigHeadClan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:52 pm Reply with quote
I've been keepin tabs on the manga, looking forward to this adaption.
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:21 am Reply with quote
The characters look good colored up and moving and it'll be interesting to see this as an anime. As a manga I've caught up to all the chapters but I've been slugging behind ever since.spoiler[ I still don't give two craps about Meliodas or the princess (heck I forgot her name) but I do like the rest of the sins enough so far.] I usually steer clear of anime adaptions of this demographic because usually I either care too much about the original work to see it be changed to something dumb(Magi) or even without seeing the original work the changes are still obvious and friggin' stupid (Blue Exorcist...and Magi again.).

All this plus the fact that it's A-1 pictures ought to be enough red flags for me to avoid this entirely but at this point I've come to understand I don't care enough about the material to have such outcries(unless it's just down right stupid) and if the manga has proven anything, it's that it has great action sequences that are just begging to be animated. If anything I'm expecting some nice visuals and A-1 can definitely do that right. (Less it have the budget of that now airing black butler anime, I heard that looks terrible...)
danilo07

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:35 am Reply with quote
Quote:
All this plus the fact that it's A-1 pictures ought to be enough red flags for me to avoid this entirely but at this point I've come to understand I don't care enough about the material to have such outcries(unless it's just down right stupid) and if the manga has proven anything, it's that it has great action sequences that are just begging to be animated.

How do you know that this produced by A-1 pictures ? You are just making a lot strange guesses in the entire post.
SouthPacific

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:32 am Reply with quote
I've been meaning to check out the manga on several occasions for who knows how long... Guess my introduction to the series will be through the anime instead Smile.
ZODDGUTS

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:44 am Reply with quote
Man I hope this isn't another Magi type terrible adaptation.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1