• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime Sols Outlines 7 More Streaming Campaigns

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
agila61

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:19 pm Reply with quote
Lord Geo wrote:
medama_oyaji wrote:
I have incredibly mixed feelings about this. I think having this many campaigns at once will cannibalize pledges a bit, like people have complained about AS in the past.

I think the streaming drives having both no due date & a flexible pledging option (you can pledge as much as want instead of being forced into specific amounts, like the DVD drives) should reduce the idea of "cannibalizing" pledges.

I'm curious how the no-due-date will work, since often times there is a "telethon" effect where a coming deadline gets people to get working on spreading the word.

The best outcome would probably be if people were to focus on those series doing the best, and then moving on once those series are funded. With Dororo already 27% funded and The Warrior, Gordian 9% funded, it seems likely that a number of these are going to succeed on the streaming level at least.
Mizuki-Takashima

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:52 pm Reply with quote
I'm absolutely hyped for The Littl' Bits, personally. (Hello childhood!)

Granted they'll probably only stream the first 13 episodes (assuming the campaign is successful) but a chance to own the series in its entirety (and in Japanese no less) would be so great!!

Youtube users occasionally post episodes from the English dub, but for whatever reason there's always 2 episodes missing. I don't think a lot of people were paying attention to the show back in the 90's, so not many people were taping it.
Graceful Nanami

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:09 am Reply with quote
Words cannot describe how nice it is to see Belfy and Lil'bit. You're awesome Anime Sols! English speakers can now know that Belfy/"Lilibit" is the real main character and her uncle is drunk all the time and not just "sleeping!" Hahaha.

Seriously. It's an adorable show.
TheHTRO

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:07 pm Reply with quote
Space Ace (and I believe, Goku no Daibouken) were supposed to come today, but neither has shown up yet. I'm wondering what might have happened. I'll probably contact them if they haven't shown up shown up by tonight.
F-Man

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:01 pm Reply with quote
TheHTRO wrote:
Space Ace (and I believe, Goku no Daibouken) were supposed to come today, but neither has shown up yet. I'm wondering what might have happened. I'll probably contact them if they haven't shown up shown up by tonight.

I expected this to happen, because of the comment left here only yesterday:
Quote:
At least until we put out Space Ace a few weeks from now!

But the day isn't over. There's still a chance.
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:03 pm Reply with quote
F-Man wrote:
TheHTRO wrote:

I expected this to happen, because of the comment left here only yesterday:
Quote:
At least until we put out Space Ace a few weeks from now!

But the day isn't over. There's still a chance.

Honestly I screwed up on the email and should have put the dates 1 week later (because of kindaichi's launch being a week later than the original schedule because of the week it didn't air).
The plan was to have 2 week gaps...

But I'll honor it anyway so I put up Space Ace and Goku just like 10 minutes ago.
medama_oyaji

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:54 pm Reply with quote
Cool, thanks for putting those up Sam! Looking forward to checking out Goku's Adventures!
StudioToledo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:10 pm Reply with quote
aisuru113 wrote:
OMG the Lil'Bits. I wonder how that has held up.

Looking back, I wonder if it's too much Tatsunoko wanting to do what Hanna-Barbera had with The Smurfs, at least it's from that era when small people/critter toons were all the rage.

kawaiibunny3 wrote:
I'm still amazed that Kerokko Demetan was previously brought over here for kids. I mean, even in the dub its pretty brutal.

You'll have to give Macek and Harmony Gold some balls there. I remember watching the first film on Nickelodeon when they use to play it on their "Special Delivery" block. The fact that a mother turtle who gets killed thought she was holding onto her baby that turned out to be a ping pong ball was already twisted enough. David The Gnome had it's fair share of some drama too such as that final episode. There's nothing wrong about teaching children death through a cartoon like that.

Lord Geo wrote:
Oddly enough, though, I was of age to watch Nick Jr. in the early-90s, yet I don't recall The Lil'Bits at all. I remember David the Gnome, though.

I was already past that stage in my life (going onto high school), so The Litt'l Bits was not something I was going to see at all unless I was home sick and bored out of my mind while watching whatever's on TV such as Nick Jr.'s line-up. I grew up in the 80's when the best you had during those hours was Pinwheel, Adventures of the Little Koala, The Little Prince and Belle & Sebastian. Anime Sols outta try to look for that show really. I felt it held up fine watching it again years later (and it's got Mitsuko Horie doing theme songs as well).

I think the last I paid attention to Nick in the early 90's they were playing Saban's dub of Nippon Animation's "Grimm Masterpiece Theater" (or "Grimm's Fairy Tale Classics"). That show had some dicey episodes like THIS.

Graceful Nanami wrote:
Words cannot describe how nice it is to see Belfy and Lil'bit. You're awesome Anime Sols! English speakers can now know that Belfy/"Lilibit" is the real main character and her uncle is drunk all the time and not just "sleeping!" Hahaha.

No doubt the North American fans had no idea what was going on there thanks to Saban's efforts.

Quote:
Seriously. It's an adorable show.

Somewhat memorable enough for someone to do a silly web cartoon over it a decade back.

Remembering an ANNCast a while back, it's a shame if most of Nippon Animation's catalog is verboten for the moment. Lord knows many of those shows would be nice to see again or for the first time if possible.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2