• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Kirito and Asuna Top Fan Poll of Best Anime Couples

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fullmetal-mix

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:38 pm Reply with quote
Personally, I never take these polls seriously. As stated earlier, more anime of the now generally get more votes compared to older anime with arguably better material.
For example, Mekaku City Actors's Kano and Kida appeared on this poll. I may be incorrect, but to my knowledge they haven't even been confirmed canon. And as for SAO--well, I feel it doesn't deserve #1 on this list as the best couple, but it's a popular and hyped series so many people know about it and enjoy it. A mediocre, popular show is naturally going to get more voted than a genuinely good show that is not well known.
#stating the obvious
emmanuel.wilsonjeffers

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:54 pm Reply with quote
im am totally fine with all the couples except raku and chitoge i kno how much people feel like that should happen but it's not gona happen cause you can't ignore that he's been in love with kosaki they look like a better couple anyways it like sayin naruto and sakura should be together which also ain't happening but i digrese that is my opinion
dtm42

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:58 pm Reply with quote
7jaws7 wrote:
Hitagi, meanwhile, would scare the s*** out of most men.

Hitagi genuinely scares the crap out of me, and she's only fictional while I'm a real person (at least I was the last time I checked). That's the sort of presence she has.

7jaws7 wrote:
Not saying she and Koyomi are the best couple, but there's a lot more balance in that relationship.

I think they are a very strong couple. They're more in tune with one another than most adult couples are.
Just-another-face

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:06 pm Reply with quote
Animehermit wrote:
Seriously, stop being so offended no one likes the shit you do. You'll be a lot happier for it.

You can just ignore that person's posts. There's never any need to take them seriously.
meepsheeps

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:14 pm Reply with quote
kotomikun wrote:
Kirito/Asuna was actually a decent pairing, until the latter became objectified to an unbelievable degree. Maybe they just didn't watch the whole thing? That's the only way I can comprehend it making the top spot on the women's list...

Wait, you're saying it was decent? LOL
m0x

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:24 pm Reply with quote
Spice and Wolf - Lawrence & Holo
Eureka Seven - Renton & Eureka
Fullmetal Alchemist - Ed & Winry
Nodame Cantabile - Chiaki & Nodame
etc. etc.

Well, at least some in the poll make sense. Though I wonder why some of them ended up so high on the list.
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:42 pm Reply with quote
m0x wrote:

Ah one of the most perfect couples, a lot of misunderstandings but a lot of love. They would have been my first pick followed by Satoru and Keigo from Awkward Silence (though BL pairings I guess are not out up for voting) and Keichi and Belldandy.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
the-antihero

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:46 pm Reply with quote
Of all I've seen I'd have to rate Garrod x Tiffa from Gundam X and Tsubaki x Urabe from Mysterious Girlfriend X to be the best couples.

I also liked Banri x Kouko from Golden time.

Hell, I'd even put InuYasha x Kagome over Kirito and Asuna, and I certainly enjoy Ataru x Lum more than them.
Shay Guy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:44 pm Reply with quote
Cyclone1993 wrote:
However my number one will always be Renton and Eureka from Eureka Seven. Almost the entire show revolves around their relationship. You get like 20 episodes of awkward romantic moments and then the last 30 episodes are all about building up a relationship and bringing them together instead of trying to confess.

Tuor_of_Gondolin wrote:
Also, the aforementioned Renton and Eureka from Eureka 7.

TsunaReborn! wrote:
m0x wrote:

Ah one of the most perfect couples, a lot of misunderstandings but a lot of love.

Renton/Eureka was what I came into this thread for. ("Eurenton"?)
HeeroTX

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:28 pm Reply with quote
I'm fine with Kirito+Asuna topping this poll, I'm disappointed Keiichi+Belldandy does not appear (especially since the manga JUST ended so should have some notoriety), but I have to call foul on the list and consider it crap based solely on the Oreimo pair being in there at all.
SupraZ

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:59 pm Reply with quote
What you guys want from a couple? (serious question)I prefer this healthy and normal relationship and not another overused tsundere/ harem/ undecided/ incest couple.

I added to the poll Shizuku X Haru
kotomikun

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:59 pm Reply with quote
meepsheeps wrote:
kotomikun wrote:
Kirito/Asuna was actually a decent pairing, until the latter became objectified to an unbelievable degree. Maybe they just didn't watch the whole thing? That's the only way I can comprehend it making the top spot on the women's list...

Wait, you're saying it was decent? LOL

Yes. Emphasis on the "was," as in, within the first few episodes. And remember, "decent" is a word which here means "acceptable, not offensively stupid." Later in the show, it no longer qualified as "decent."
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:28 pm Reply with quote
ZiharkXVI wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
These polls ALWAYS reflect current interests. Look at character polls from the 90s, they're full of 90s characters, not 80s. Why Gundam SEED keeps showing up is because Sunrise sacrificed hundreds to the devil to make that show a success.

Lol, I mean, I'm right there with everyone else remembering some of the great anime couples. Keichi/Belldandy, Kenshin/Kaoru, and so forth.

And it does seem like the poll is skewed to what is recent. I'm not on the level of hatred of SAO (cause maybe I just don't give a crap how popular it is), but whatever. Could be worse?

But how in the world does SEED keep coming back in polls? There must be some sort of dark magic to that show.

BS, who would vote for Kenshin/Kaoru? Kenshin/Tomoe all the way

Kirito and Asuna couple was #1 last year too(around November ) in a different poll. No anime at that time, so? what if they are still the most popular couple next year?

Last edited by Spotlesseden on Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ohoni

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:44 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
And by Ohoni's standard, I guess that means Mario and Peach is the best videogame couple and Raimi's MJ beats Gwen Stacy as the best Spider-man's girlfriend Razz

I don't get the comparison. Mario and Peach have absolutely no romantic chemistry. They barely even interact outside of a few minutes at the end of each game. Kirito and Asuna have had a two year committed relationship.

Quote:
Three out of the four [Rumiko Takahashi] couples I listed did indeed get married.

And how many of them got married, or even had an active romantic relationship, within the actual pages of the book itself? How many of them were actively non-tsundare dating for even as much as an entirely volume?

Quote:

Fullmetal Alchemist - Ed & Winry

Yeah, that's definitely a good one. Also Mustang and Hawkeye, or Izumi and Sig Curtis.
Little_Hawk

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:04 pm Reply with quote
Pff, Katsuragi Keima x Yokkyun
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6