• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Kirito and Asuna Top Fan Poll of Best Anime Couples

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:12 pm Reply with quote
If they had listed Cyborg 009 and Cyborg 003, I'd be happy because they were 1 of the first, if not the first, popular manga/anime series couples,

I don't disagree on the SAO shipping choice.I wonder if the infamous ch. 16.5 had a factor for some fan decisions. Coincidentally, "50 Shades of SAO" is a YouTube video where the dub Asuna and Kirito learn out about this chapter.

I wish they had Fairy Tail's Lucy and Natsu. I think they're about as close to a couple the series has so far (excluding characters that have gotten married). NaLu and Lucy fan service moments are the main reasons why I still enjoy the series and I feel that the Funi voices of the 2 do well with these moments.

The poll results might mean a shipping debate for some people.
Stuart Smith

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:32 pm Reply with quote
It's amazing how far people will condition themselves to think why Kirito and Asuna, and Sword Art Online in general, are popular with all these absurd excuses.

-Stuart Smith
YesNoMaybe
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:17 pm Reply with quote
Ohoni wrote:
You can argue about the others, but Kirito and Asuna definitely are the "best." All the others have so damned much drama, but they are a couple that just love each other, admit it to themselves almost immediately, and then spend the rest of their time together or trying to be together, rather than that usual BS where they spend dozens, if not hundreds of episodes keeping their feelings bottled up.

^I totally agree!

These polls are not scientific; They really shouldn't be taken seriously.

Their just for generating fun conversations among Anime fans. Wink
Ali07

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:29 pm Reply with quote
Happy with the Nisekoi pick - Raku Ichijō x Chitoge Kirisaki. Very Happy

Pleasantly surprised to see Hōtarō Oreki x Eru Chitanda from Hyouka in there.

How many of these are "shipped" couples? Hōtarō Oreki x Eru Chitanda, Sorata Kanda x Mashiro Shiina, Yato x Hiyori Iki and Kojō Akatsuki x Yukina Himeragi are some. 3rd ranked Toma Kamijo x Mikoto Misaka is another...unless something has happened in Railgun? Raku Ichijō x Chitoge Kirisaki could be considered a ship, even though they are "officially" dating in Nisekoi. Laughing

Ryūji Takasu x Taiga Aisaka are probably my all time favourite couple. Rintarō Okabe x Kurisu Makise a close 2nd. And, even though TWGOK's couple in spoiler[Keima Katsuragi x Chihiro Kosaka] isn't a anime pairing, it is one that I'm happy to have of seen come about. Laughing

I hope TWGOK sees a 4th season to wrap it up...cause that 3rd season ending killed me!

Would've liked to have seen LovCom's Atsushi Ootani x Risa Koizumi on the lists.
Blackwolf0925

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:53 am Reply with quote
I guess I am the odd one out but I really enjoyed KarinxKenta from Chibi Vampire(Karin). I also agree with all the others about RentoxEureka. Cool
nasa buda

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:56 am Reply with quote
wow, kirito and asuna? really? with that margin?
well everyone have their own opinion, so i think it is okay...maybe
shoubio

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:25 am Reply with quote
The list was okay. I'd have to vote for Kujou x Victorique from Gosick and Dojou x Kasahara from Library Wars as the best couples.
MechR

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:29 am Reply with quote
The male/female vote differences interested me enough to tabulate them:

Yuuta x Rikka's votes were balanced such that they didn't place in either gender's top 10, so I couldn't get the M/F vote breakdown there, other than saying Male was <120 and Female was <95, for a total of 206.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:18 am Reply with quote
I'm not surprised at all. It appeals to those who enjoyed, and is as well written as Twilight.
DCR

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:47 am Reply with quote
Shinra and Celty made it in the list, good.

Nice to see that Kyousuke and Kirino are in too. Maybe in some aspects japanese fans are not as stuck up as occidental fans.

Too bad Bulma and Vegeta didn't make it, it's one of the less conservative couples in anime (had a child without being married)
KH91

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:25 pm Reply with quote
suprememoonempress wrote:
I always thought Yamcha and Bulma were the best couple ..

I fixed it for you.[/b]
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:53 pm Reply with quote
While Asuna and Kirito from SAO aren't the greatest couple in the world, at least they didn't pretend though the whole series that they weren't a couple or that they were just friends.

Personally, I liked Ryuji and Taiga from Toradora, and Victorique and Kazuya Kujo from Gosick.

Though a special runner up for me is Yuki and Yuno from Future Diary.
zensunni

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:05 pm Reply with quote
I would put Keiichi x Belldandy, X), Lawrence x Holo, Victorique x Kujo, Keito x Ichika (Waiting in the Summer), Tsubaki x Urabe (Mysterious Girlfriend, Livius x Nike, Banri x Kouko, and Yuu x Haruka (Sakura Trick) on my personal list, in addition to a few that are on the lists (Ryuuji x Taiga, Tamoya x Nagisa, Sorata x Mashiro, Okabe x Kurisu, Raku x Chitoge, and Oreki x Chitanda), though the last two have yet to actually reach the stage where they are officially a couple...

Depending on how well it turns out, Futaba x Kou (Ao Haru Ride) may belong there too. Of course, like with Nisekoi and Hyouka's couples, they haven't quite reached that point yet.

Similarly, Hase x Kaori (One Week Friends) would deserve to be there if they had ever really reached the point of being a couple. Other animes where the series didn't actually covered enough of the story: I would definitely put Sumika x Ushio (Sasameki Koto) and Fumi x Akira (Aoi Hana) on my list. As their respective anime series panned out, I would call them the best couples never to get together.

If Girl Friends had been given the anime that it deserved, Mari x Akko would be very high on my list. They may be my favorite couple from manga... Though my favorite currently running manga couple is Yutaka x Karin (Itoshi no Karin). Sadly, they are still in the "not quite a couple" phase, just like Hase x Kaori... I trust that they will get there in the long run.

I suppose I could include Yamada x Urara (Yamada-kun and the 7 Witches), but it hadn't really gotten much in terms of anime yet. Just a PV and a yet to be seen set of OVAs. If it gets a series, that will cement them in my list.

I'm impressed that Raku x Chitoge made it on the list, since it there are several other ships passing in the night in that one. There must be a huge Nisekoi following in order for the anticipated OTP to get on the list when so many people ship other girls.
Ali07

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:22 pm Reply with quote
KH91 wrote:
suprememoonempress wrote:
I always thought Yamcha and Puar were the best couple ..

I fixed it for you.[/b]

Fixed.

I loved Puar and Yamcha...sad they just disappear in DBZ.

zensunni wrote:
Keito x Ichika (Waiting in the Summer)

Good one! When I was thinking about couples that would make my list...this one totally slipped my mind. Embarassed

I had wanted to see Tetsuro and Mio get together in that anime too...
Yohimo_asakura

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:32 am Reply with quote
So much people crying their couple didn't get into top... SAO get first place, because some people like it. Me either. Get over it finally...

I completely agree with the poll Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6