• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tears to Tiara II Slated for European, N. American Release

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
omiya

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:28 am Reply with quote
The Tears to Tiara II soundtrack album has also been announced:

http://fixrecords.com/20140725_1/
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:05 am Reply with quote
Looking forward to the game.
kevinx59

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:30 am Reply with quote
Knew Atlus was gonna get it. Anyway been watching the anime for part 1 and now I want to play one of the games. Can't wait.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:22 pm Reply with quote
Even if the sequel isn't exactly a direct sequel to the first game, I think it would make more sense to release the first game before the sequel.

I loved the anime's first ED song, "Blue sky,True sky" by Aira Yuki.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:58 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
Even if the sequel isn't exactly a direct sequel to the first game, I think it would make more sense to release the first game before the sequel.

na, the first game is too old. It's not like they release all the dragon quest and FF in order for US.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:51 pm Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
Kadmos1 wrote:

na, the first game is too old. It's not like they release all the dragon quest and FF in order for US.

The first game may well be outdated as it was made for pc 2005 (that's the version we got fan-translated), however that game was later remade for PS3 in 2008 in Japan (This was the version the anime was based on). I think those visuals would still hold their own, seeing as this sequel is also for PS3.

I'm still holding out a faint hope for a localization of Utawarerumono and its upcoming sequel (also under Leaf's umbrella, though that's pretty obvious when comparing the games...).
Your remarks would probably hold more true to this title as although the first game was also released on pc at first (was fan-translated here), it was however ported to PS2 instead of PS3 later, so would necessarily require more work to create a port at this point in time...
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:35 pm Reply with quote
2008 = old. It makes no sense to release them right now. Nobody is going to buy them. I want to see your argument on why release the old game would make more money than the new game. It's always a good idea to release the newest one in the series, if it does well, then you can release the old one. If it doesn't do well, you cut your losses.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1