• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fate/Stay night's 'Heaven's Feel' Route Gets Film

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:18 pm Reply with quote
ss4chris wrote:
Unlimited Blade works Movie wasn't bad at all lmao.

The UBW movie is an example of why I hate many compilated OVA and movie adaptations of titles that have expansive source material. They don't have the time to properly build up or explore elements to their storytelling or characters and in many instances, only exist to cash in on the popularity of their source material. It's why I haven't been on the bandwagon for the hype surrounding any recent stuff like the Rebuild of Evangelion film series or the Berserk film trilogy because their 90s counterparts were far superior in quality to the remakes since they actually had time to build up events and flesh itself out, even if the animation is inferior to the remakes.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ss4chris

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:39 pm Reply with quote
Ggultra2764 wrote:
ss4chris wrote:
Unlimited Blade works Movie wasn't bad at all lmao.

The UBW movie is an example of why I hate many compilated OVA and movie adaptations of titles that have expansive source material. They don't have the time to properly build up or explore elements to their storytelling or characters and in many instances, only exist to cash in on the popularity of their source material. It's why I haven't been on the bandwagon for the hype surrounding any recent stuff like the Rebuild of Evangelion film series or the Berserk film trilogy because their 90s counterparts were far superior in quality to the remakes since they actually had time to build up events and flesh itself out, even if the animation is inferior to the remakes.

and again. the movie was fine. Like HF needs an anime not a movie..
feuerwerke

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:54 pm Reply with quote
I'm just shaking with excitement. My favorite route animated? Glorious.

@Ggultra2764 idk why you're so worried since it's. You know. Ufotable doing this and not DEEN.
prime_pm

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:58 pm Reply with quote
*whistles*Carnival Phantasm...
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:13 pm Reply with quote
feuerwerke wrote:
@Ggultra2764 idk why you're so worried since it's. You know. Ufotable doing this and not DEEN.

The company's work isn't flawless, as Gyo would be a good reminder of.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Animerican14

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:33 pm Reply with quote
So.... has there been any confirmation on whether Heaven's Feel is going to be just one movie, or a film series like Kara no Kyoukai? Ufotable would be more likely to do a condensed-route-film better than DENN did with Unlimited Blade Works, I'm sure, but still, just one movie....?

Also, shouldn't the article's dailymotion PV be replaced with Aniplex's actual youtube version of the PV, by now? It's both more legit *and* has better streaming quality, at least on my end. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3X7JEFF9mvs
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
feuerwerke

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:56 pm Reply with quote
Ggultra2764 wrote:
feuerwerke wrote:

No, but given how well they handled Fate/Zero I don't think we need to be worried just yet.
jl07045

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:51 pm Reply with quote
feuerwerke wrote:
Ggultra2764 wrote:
feuerwerke wrote:

No, but given how well they handled Fate/Zero I don't think we need to be worried just yet.

Then look how they handled KnK 6.
Angel'sArcanum

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:09 pm Reply with quote
Ugh, I don't know what to think. Ufotable is redoing UBW as a TV series because Deen made a (poorly adapted and innately rushed?) movie out of it, and yet they are going to go the movie route with Heaven's Feel, so what if they end up turning THAT into a series as well? And since they have changed the details on the new series into being a more canon UBW adaptation, will there be a redone Fate route inevitably as well? Deen and Ufotable need to get their priorities straight, this is a mess.
Rockmandash12

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:00 pm Reply with quote
Aleister22 wrote:
Dessa wrote:
As others have said, this needs to be a series of films, rather than a single film (I could see them potentially working with 2, though 3 would be better). Done as a single film, it would have the same fate (no pun intended) as the UBW film, in which it's best viewed with knowledge of the prior routes/the story itself. Knowing the VN's story, I have no problems with UBW, but I can definitely see where people feel that it's a "compilation movie for a tv series that doesn't exist" (someone said exactly that in the UBW(tv) thread).

@pachy_boy - At least for me, Heaven's Feel is the True Ending of the overall franchise (it's the only one that spoiler[makes absolutely sure that the Grail War never happens again], as well as revealing that spoiler[the true name of the Grail War <i>is</i> "Heaven's Feel"], which gives more credence to it being the True Ending). However, Realta Nua (the PS2 re-release of the VN) does add one additional ending, which is more an epilogue that could be added onto any of the endings, and I think you'd like that as the overall ending. Officially I believe it's a Fate ending (I haven't gotten through to it myself yet), but you have to unlock all the other endings to get it.

There is no true ending to the franchise. That's the whole point of the multiple routes. FSN doesn't work like say, Majikoi.

And yes, the Avalon ending is the epilogue of the Fate route.

There is a true end. It's called Fate/Hollow Ataraxia.... where they said screw it and threw all three routes into one story and continued from there.
thofheinz

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:09 pm Reply with quote
firedragon54738 wrote:
So Sakura finely getting the spot light

I wonder how much of the physical desolation and soul-destroying horror she went through will make it into this film.
Dessa

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:11 pm Reply with quote
Aleister22 wrote:
There is no true ending to the franchise. That's the whole point of the multiple routes. FSN doesn't work like say, Majikoi.

Did you miss where I said "at least for me"?
konqueror

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:18 pm Reply with quote
ss4chris wrote:
and again. the movie was fine. Like HF needs an anime not a movie..

Haha. No.

Why did Archer go to Caster's side?
Why wasn't Archer injured in the movie like he was in the anime?
Why Unlimited Blade Works suddenly dissapeared when Archer summoned the Reality Marble at the church in front of Shirou?
Why was the Archer vs. Lancer battle outside the church so poorly animated?
How was Archer able to summon UBW again at the Einzbern castle if he was so low on mana?
How was Shirou able to project Rho Aius against Gilgamesh if he never saw it before?
Why Gilgamesh battled Shirou 1-on-1 right away inside UBW if he fights throwing Noble Phantasms?

The movie wasn't fine.

And Heaven's Feel can work really well with three movies.
KH91

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:27 pm Reply with quote
CANT WAIT!
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:39 pm Reply with quote
Cool. I look forward to the eventual 2018 TV remake. Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3