• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Drawn & Quarterly Adds Shigeru Mizuki's Hitler, Tadao Tsuge's Trash Market Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GhostOfSide3

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:25 pm Reply with quote
I'm so excited for more Shigeru Mizuki. Drawn and Quarterly has been excellent giving us his other works.

I'll be picking up Keiji Nakazawa's Barefoot Gen while I wait for more Showa and the eventual release of Hitler.
medama_oyaji

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:39 pm Reply with quote
You know I'm excited about more Shigeru Mizuki comics in English!!! Thank you Drawn and Quarterly! Very Happy
Chrno2

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:14 pm Reply with quote
This is some great news. More Shigeru Mizuki. That Trash Market manga looks pretty interesting as well. Good to see more alternative Japanese comics, the likes of Yoshihiro Tatsumi or Takashi Nemoto (oh gawd that was a nightmare). Gonna be a long wait though. But definitely adding this to the list of things for next semester.
TonyTonyChopper

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:13 am Reply with quote
Drawn & Quarterly for the win !!! screw today's Vertical ...
That trash market thing looks pretty intresting and i'm defenetly excited for all Shigeru's work.
Even though i already had Hitler in Spanish (which i'm still not that good in) i could kinda already see i don't have to get any more of his manga in European editions anymore except for all of Kitaro since Drawn & Quarterly only released a 400 page volume of it.
But it kind of seems they playing catch up with all the other european editions that have been around for a long time here.
medama_oyaji

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:58 am Reply with quote
Yeah, gonna be a long wait for that Mizuki's Hitler, but we have 2 more volumes of Showa on the way before that. I love getting all this Mizuki work in English, but I hope D+Q goes back to Kitaro or some of his other yokai work after this long stretch of historical work.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:32 pm Reply with quote
So is this another installment of the "Showa" series?

I see the pre-orders for the next one.
medama_oyaji

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:54 pm Reply with quote
No, this is separate from that. There will be 4 total volumes of Showa, and then Hitler is stand alone, I believe.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1