• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Silver Spoon Sub.DVD

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stardf29

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:00 pm Reply with quote
Unfortunately, this show pretty much got the bottom of the barrel as far as its home video treatment. All it is the show in a DVD case. No physical extras, no on-disc extras, no dub, and no HD. You can't even go to the US Animate store for some kind of special exclusive bonus item. It is as basic of a release as you can get, which is incredibly disappointing not just because of how Aniplex releases usually are, but also because this show deserves so much better.

Mind you, I still bought the DVDs. This is still Silver Spoon after all. The second season was definitely better than the first, but this first season was still an absolute masterpiece while building the foundation for its sequel, and together they form what is currently my #4 favorite TV anime series of all time. I even imported the Japanese Blu-rays for this show, and knew going in that I'd be totally willing to double-dip on the US release even if it was a completely barebones release (which it unfortunately was).
StudioToledo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:17 pm Reply with quote
YumeHunter wrote:
Aaahh Silver Spoon. For me it's easily one of the best slice of life anime that I've ever watched.

And yet here's me who hasn't seen it before but kept mistaking the name for a Ricky Schroeder sitcom from the 80's. Shows how old I am.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3