• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 1st New Initial D Anime Film's Trailer Previews Ryūichi Kawamura Theme Song

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:52 am Reply with quote
I'm okay with the theme song. I wasn't too impressed by Final Stage actually but this might be good. I'm hoping so anyways.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Banken

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:53 am Reply with quote
I was a huge Initial D fan but the ending of the manga sort of killed it for me.

This remake is pointless, and the new voice cast is just plain awful. Their performances are stilted and the casting is terrible. There was no reason to use an all-new cast except to skimp on cast salaries.
patrick.enfield.9

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:42 am Reply with quote
I disagree I am a huge Initial d Fan and the ending was satisfying to me. This series was epicness on a level that I have never heard of. I never thought anime could make street racing look so much more badass than any american movie, fast and furious is a joke compared to initial d and even that movie with nicholas cage and angelina jolie didn't quite come to that level os awesomeness.

That said I am extremely hyped for this movie even though I dont like the cast so far
Takkun4343

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:14 am Reply with quote
Looks good. Sad there's no Eurobeat, though.

Also, "Man" should be "Tachibana", and "Boy/Anouncer" should be "Iketani".
Toriko36

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:57 am Reply with quote
patrick.enfield.9 wrote:
I disagree I am a huge Initial d Fan and the ending was satisfying to me. This series was epicness on a level that I have never heard of. I never thought anime could make street racing look so much more badass than any american movie, fast and furious is a joke compared to initial d and even that movie with nicholas cage and angelina jolie didn't quite come to that level os awesomeness.

That said I am extremely hyped for this movie even though I don't like the cast so far

I'm right there with you, I got chills watching this trailer.

I know it's new music, new VA's but with updated animation, upgraded sound (the car effects such as boost, braking, tires sounded awesome in this trailer) I am pumped for this. I hope once this gets it's run in Japan, we get an R1 release or HUGE MAYBE the Japanese BD's will have English subtitles.

Is there any news/info if Funimation will pick up the newly released BD boxsets of Initial D and re-release all stages on BD?
Dfens

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:03 pm Reply with quote
The new voice actors are kind of growing on me people have to realize the old cast started doing their roles almost 15 years ago and even then they weren't youngsters then.

The whole it's in 3 parts worries me that they will condense too much stuff so unless you have seen the previous material all your getting is the new pretty face lift and top notch animation.

No Eurobeat is the only thing I can't forgive many of times did I drive a little more faster and recklessly than I should because of it. Hell I still listen to it every now and then and even after selling most of the cars in the series plan on buying the new AE86 the FRS, so back to the days of spirited driving.
cloudthe23

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:10 pm Reply with quote
I was never able to get into Initial D but then I tried to read manga a couple of chapters a day but I ended up dropping it the moment I found out about main character's love interest was a whore
patrick.enfield.9

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:45 pm Reply with quote
cloudthe23 wrote:
I was never able to get into Initial D but then I tried to read manga a couple of chapters a day but I ended up dropping it the moment I found out about main character's love interest was a whore

wtf
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:07 pm Reply with quote
@Patrick.enfield.9
spoiler[She is involved in compensated dating with a single salary man. She become remorseful and quits as the relationship with the main character progresses.] It requires a rather rigid definition of whore to characterize her in this manner.
vallum

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:14 pm Reply with quote
Dfens wrote:
The new voice actors are kind of growing on me people have to realize the old cast started doing their roles almost 15 years ago and even then they weren't youngsters then.

They use their voices, not their bodies, come on. Razz
And the fact they weren't youngsters only means their voices wouldn't change much even now...
Dfens

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:28 pm Reply with quote
The franchise for the anime is going on over 15 years now almost and it recently finished up the manga series finally with Final Stage which at least gave a slightly better ending then the manga.

My guess is they want to refresh and reboot the series to the current crowd and that means using the current crop of familiar voice actors.

Look at the new Sailor Moon the main character is the same one from the 90's and she was a Adult back then. Some people said that she should have retired the role, while some say it brings back memories.

Or Evangelion imagine the shit storm if they replaced the main cast of voice actors. While Initial D they can get away with it.

For all we know the cast had scheduling issues or money who knows. Like I said maybe they said it was time to use a newer cast.
patrick.enfield.9

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:12 pm Reply with quote
shyet, I totally misread his comment, I agree Natsumi was definately cheating on the guy she was dating with and was playing with takumi`s heart. But dude dont stop reading the manga because of that. I could even relate to that moment as a girl that I cared for cheated on me when I was younger, which kind of makes this series so authetic. It has so many slice of life elements
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1