• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Crunchyroll Adds English-Dubbed Toradora!

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blatch
Thread Killer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:07 am Reply with quote
So the Jojo dub wasn't a one-off. GG, Crunchyroll. Kind of a tease that only the first 6 episodes are free, and the rest are locked behind a paywall of sorts, but I guess that's what gives them profit.
agila61

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:19 am Reply with quote
Blatch wrote:
So the Jojo dub wasn't a one-off.

It couldn't have been a one-off, they have other dubs. Rorouni Kenshin is the most notable one, a handful of dubbed movies and OVA's, a few dubbed motion comics, the cartoon Valerian and Laureline which was animated in Japan and produced with both an English and French dub. They also previously had the Speed Racer dub and Eureka Seven sub and dub, though their license of those two have expired.

Quote:
GG, Crunchyroll. Kind of a tease that only the first 6 episodes are free, and the rest are locked behind a paywall of sorts, but I guess that's what gives them profit.

Yeah, it seems part of the deal for the rights owner to get rights for the Americas, the "English Language Countries" and Scandinavia was that the majority of series (for both sub and dub) is for subscribing members only.

Someone who hadn't subscribed with Crunchyroll already could get a two week trial to watch it ... or try to talk a subscriber into giving them a 48 hour free pass.

Last edited by agila61 on Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:05 am; edited 1 time in total
potatochobit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:13 am Reply with quote
they will probably add more english episodes later, keep your pants on, my friend.

anyway, who cares? why don't you own this already?
This is my favorite book ever made, yes, the book is better than the anime.

not sure where scandanavia is but if you really want to watch it you can send me a PM

Last edited by potatochobit on Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Agent355

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:15 am Reply with quote
Check the anime board here for the Crunchyroll pass thread. People put passes up all the time.

Thanks for reporting this. I can't afford that premium box set, and I'm really excited I get to see the dub. I liked Golden Time, and I've heard this is the better show, so I'm looking forward to it. When I heard it was getting a dub, I held off on watching it on the off chance the dub would become available. Figured the first couple eps *might* be made available on Hulu or something. This is much better than I was expecting--I can watch the whole series, in English, commercial free! Thanks! NiSA and CR!
potatochobit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:19 am Reply with quote
after watching the first episode of Golden Time the very first impression that came to me was, "So this is what it would be like to date Yui Horie?"
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:38 am Reply with quote
agila61 wrote:
It couldn't have been a one-off, they have other dubs. Rorouni Kenshin is the most notable one.

Just curious, which Rurouni Kenshin dub do they have? The good one (from Bang Zoom) or the bad one (from Sony)? The bad one is on Hulu for some reason...
rosebrook11

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:56 am Reply with quote
PurpleWarrior13 wrote:
agila61 wrote:
It couldn't have been a one-off, they have other dubs. Rorouni Kenshin is the most notable one.

Just curious, which Rurouni Kenshin dub do they have? The good one (from Bang Zoom) or the bad one (from Sony)? The bad one is on Hulu for some reason...

I think they have the good one. Or least that's what i thought when I was watching it.
Hypeathon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:57 am Reply with quote
@ PurpleWarrior13:

It's the Bang Zoom one. Although I checked, you can tell by all the comments below the video of the first episode.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:17 am Reply with quote
Lazy job reporting this ANN. The Toradora! dub episodes have been available on Crunchyroll for more than a week. YOU CANNOT DROP THE BALL ON SOMETHING THIS IMPORTANT.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1