• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan's Favorite TV Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:51 am Reply with quote
Fullmetal Alchemist, I believe. I am disappointed Dragonball didn't get on the top 5 spot but it did get number two in the Celebrity list. Big mistake! I say Dragonball is the best anime ever and that there ever will be. Period. After all, I read it got 300+ million manga copies sold worldwide. That's a record for manga and comics in general.
lailaiboy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:52 pm Reply with quote
Why's Bleach on there twice?
ivorymoose

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:04 pm Reply with quote
I am always impressed with how Candy Candy is still ranked after almost 30 Years. They should do a ranking based on these animes which consistently do well over decades.

Samurai 7 could have become my favouite anime series if not for Kyuzo's death. I am very happy it is not ranked well. I feel the poor ranking is a vindication for Kyuzo's death. At least I feel better now!
DBZAOTA482

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:22 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
minakichan wrote:
The online poll seems pretty accurate, pretty representative. But man, those celebs they polled seem to be all from older generations, on nostalgia trips.
That said you'll have notice EVA is No. 2 on the top list but only 24 in the celeb list. Guess the "oldies" didn't think much of it then, or now. Wink

The poll seem to be a popularity list,EVA is getting more popular in Japan with the announcment of "ReBuild of EVA",& the celebs are going for the japan's-favs-over-the-decades-approach on the list,& that list is pretty good I must say,& Kinnikuman is even on the list,so I like it!
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:51 pm Reply with quote
Why did you reply to a 4 year old thread?

Got me thinking a new list had been released.
DBZAOTA482

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:35 pm Reply with quote
Ashen Phoenix wrote:
I definitely agree with TV Asahi's list over the celebrity picks. I was very surprised that so many astoundingly popular and awesome series were listed so low (or not at all) on their list. Crying or Very sad

On the other hand, I was very happy that so many of my favorite animes made the Asahi 100 list... though it only goes up to about 97, right? That's kinda weird (somebody goof?). Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop

Remember,the poll is a current-time,not an all-time,which as it seems for the celeb list seems.

[No necroposting. ~Cloe]
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4