• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Nobunaga Shimazaki, Tatsuhisa Suzuki Lead Orenchi no Furo Jijō TV Anime's Cast

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
meepsheeps

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:08 pm Reply with quote
So I was already hyped for this show and now it just got a whole lot better! Tatsun's my favourite seiyuu and I'm fond of Zaki as well, and we get both in the same show! Sweet. Smile
xyz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:26 pm Reply with quote
Rivailloli wrote:
xyz wrote:
I want Makoto to be the merman.

I wanted the same thing, but eh, being the octopus isn't so bad. I wonder who will play the merman himself though. I can't see Miyano as him, doesn't fit, but eh.

But.. but... Makoto and Haru should always be together. :D
fencer_x

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:21 pm Reply with quote
"lead"

I was under the impression that Shimazaki's character and the merman were the leads...but I guess if you want to grab views by suggesting that Tattsun is the other MC, then go for it. (won't be the first time people mistake a character of his for the co-lead after all...)
Rivailloli

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:15 pm Reply with quote
fencer_x wrote:
(won't be the first time people mistake a character of his for the co-lead after all...)

If you're talking about Free!, Makoto is still a main character and one of the leads in the show despite the bullshit that you believe only Haru and Rin are MCs.
fencer_x

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:12 am Reply with quote
Rivailloli wrote:
fencer_x wrote:
(won't be the first time people mistake a character of his for the co-lead after all...)

If you're talking about Free!, Makoto is still a main character and one of the leads in the show despite the bullshit that you believe only Haru and Rin are MCs.

lol ok I'll just ignore the creators saying that Haru and Rin are the MCs. Makoto, Nagisa, and Rei are super important supporting cast members. SUPPORTING CAST MEMBERS.

Sorry the director and writers don't agree with you. MCs means 'main character', as in the protagonists. That would be Haru and Rin. If you want to read "main character" some other way, be my guest, but the fact is that Haru and Rin are the MCs, which has nothing to do with ~ship wars~

It's what the staff themselves have flat-out said Razz

ETA: And in case it wasn't clear "Haru and Rin are the MCs" is from a STORYTELLING PERSPECTIVE. S1 was about Haru's growth and Rin's redemption; Rei you could also argue was an MC, but his story was dependent in large part on Haru and Rin's. Neither Makoto nor Nagisa had stories of their own, hence they were supporting characters.
Rivailloli

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:01 am Reply with quote
fencer_x wrote:

lol ok I'll just ignore the creators saying that Haru and Rin are the MCs. Makoto, Nagisa, and Rei are super important supporting cast members. SUPPORTING CAST MEMBERS.

Yeah, okay, I've read through most of your translations and through many other translations of interviews and have not seen that once. Also, I don't trust a word you say after your 'MAKOTO IS GOING TO COMMIT SUICIDE????" shit and the recent criticism you've been getting from multiple people over withholding information in certain translations of interviews.

He's listed as an MC everywhere.
fencer_x wrote:

Sorry the director and writers don't agree with you. MCs means 'main character', as in the protagonists. That would be Haru and Rin. If you want to read "main character" some other way, be my guest, but the fact is that Haru and Rin are the MCs, which has nothing to do with ~ship wars~

Hermione and Ron weren't the protags in HP, they were still main characters. Rin was the antagonist in S1, also, so no, he isn't a protag, but keep trying to sit on that. Never mentioned ship wars, just said you believe in bullshit.

fencer_x wrote:

ETA: And in case it wasn't clear "Haru and Rin are the MCs" is from a STORYTELLING PERSPECTIVE. S1 was about Haru's growth and Rin's redemption; Rei you could also argue was an MC, but his story was dependent in large part on Haru and Rin's. Neither Makoto nor Nagisa had stories of their own, hence they were supporting characters.

The story is about all of them connecting with Rin again, all of them. That.. was the story, lol. Yeah, if you honestly think there wasn't focus on Makoto and Nagisa then you weren't paying attention.

Bye fencer, have fun with yourself, also have fun because the only people who listen to your opinions are your 13 year old followers on tumblr. Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2