• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Comedian/Actor Robin Williams Passes Away at 63

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:11 am Reply with quote
I loved his Genie song in Aladdin. Farewell to a truly talented person.
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:12 am Reply with quote
Like everyone else in the thread, this news really gets to me. Robin Williams was just in so many things I loved and he was always so good. Plus, the circumstances are that much more heartbreaking, to know someone who brought so many people joy was in that much pain himself. I'm glad it's over now and hope that he is at peace.
kanjineogeo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:29 am Reply with quote
One of the people that I know him alive recently has died after Paul Walker. Get well great comedian man. Crying or Very sad
jojothepunisher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:34 am Reply with quote
He named his daughter after Zelda. I have seen many crazy things in my time, but this....

But Yes, RIP.
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:23 am Reply with quote
This is horrible. He was so talented and had so much work left. I know his show with Sarah Michelle Gellar was canceled, but other than that, I thought he was making a comeback of sorts. How could a man that has touched so many lives and brought joy to so many people take his own life? It's tragic. I've seen families and friends affected by suicide (I even lost one of my good friends to it in middle school), and there's nothing like it. Always seek out help for your demons and always help others if you suspect they may be in trouble (though never fault yourself for not realizing this. Sometimes personal struggles come out in the hidden ways). Just because you feel down, doesn't mean you're going to feel down forever. It may take a long time, but we can all get past our personal demons.

AiddonValentine wrote:
man, this year has STUNNED me in terms of the body count it has had. Bob Hoskins, Harold Ramis, Eli Wallach, Phillips Seymour Hoffman, Rik Mayall and now this. Fare thee well, Robin. You had a gift that made millions laugh.

Also Casey Kasem, Mickey Rooney, and Shirley Temple. I know they were all old, but they were still very upsetting for me (Casey Kasem's last days were a dramatic nightmare. It's tragic).
GVman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:33 am Reply with quote
I'm glad to see the thread here has been so respectful.

I also don't think a celebrity death has ever upset me this much. He will be sorely missed.
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:47 am Reply with quote
See you later, Space Cowboy.
Dessa

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:56 am Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
I also thought "passes away" was reserved for people dying peacefully in their sleep and such? Guess I've been wrong my whole life; from what I've read he did not "pass away" by that definition.

It's more just a more polite/PC way to say it. It is usually used more for those who pass peacefully, but the definition of the phrase is just "to die" without any qualifications.
trandraskell

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:58 am Reply with quote
Robin, Words cannot express how much you will be missed by many people. They say laughter is the best medicine and You were help make that cure bearable. I normally don't get upset by deaths in Hollywood, But this is only one that has really hit me, I think it was of how much I respected him. His openness and professionalism, He knew how to keep both his personal and professional life from mixing. I will keep praying for his family because death in any form is
hard to deal with. You will be missed.
kanjineogeo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:15 am Reply with quote
Ambimunch wrote:
See you later, Space Cowboy.

Bang.
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:26 am Reply with quote
My heart goes out to his family and friends. It's so sad that someone who is so well loved was unhappy. The one thing you hear over and over again is what a kind man he was. I had the pleasure of knowing him when I was a child and have only the fondest memories.

Rest in Peace.
CastMember1991

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:42 am Reply with quote
"10,000 years can give you such a crick in the neck!" I will never forget that line from Genie. Disney is also pretty saddened by this news, because Williams essentially was the genie to them. RIP Robin Williams
WatchforMoons7

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:12 pm Reply with quote
I don't want to say much of anything.
I was so upset.
DTJB

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:41 pm Reply with quote
Always one of my favorites, truly one of the best. Crying or Very sad
revolutionotaku

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:49 pm Reply with quote
PurpleWarrior13 wrote:
AiddonValentine wrote:
man, this year has STUNNED me in terms of the body count it has had. Bob Hoskins, Harold Ramis, Eli Wallach, Phillips Seymour Hoffman, Rik Mayall and now this. Fare thee well, Robin. You had a gift that made millions laugh.

Also Casey Kasem, Mickey Rooney, and Shirley Temple. I know they were all old, but they were still very upsetting for me (Casey Kasem's last days were a dramatic nightmare. It's tragic).

And let us also not forget about video game reviewer Justin "JewWario" Carmicial.
http://kotaku.com/justin-carmical-import-aficionado-who-advised-others-1509351067
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6