• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
RIGHT TURN ONLY!! - Love the One You're With

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darkmagick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:54 pm Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
I'm waiting for the manga to reach the point the anime ended (anyone know around what volume that happens?) Unless I see info that the early volumes of the manga contain details the anime left out.

It's been a little while since I've read the manga/watched the anime, so I can't say this with 100% certainty, but I don't think anything particularly significant was left out. My general impression of the anime was that it was a very solid and faithful adaptation. (With the exception of the last episode, which was, while fairly fun, filler.)
Graceful Nanami

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:09 am Reply with quote
Thanks, Rebecca.

vashfanatic wrote:
My understand from reading it in fan translation over a year ago is that Romance of an Ancient Dreaming City went on hiatus, and that's why there's only one volume out right now. Does anyone know if it's started again in Japan?

That's unfortunate. I kind of don't want to read it now, then, if it's going to possibly stay unfinished... Would you say it's still worth it?
Ali07

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:09 am Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
I'm waiting for the manga to reach the point the anime ended (anyone know around what volume that happens?) Unless I see info that the early volumes of the manga contain details the anime left out.

From what I remember, I think that people were saying the My Little Monster anime covered the first 4 volumes.

As for the manga having anything different, I've only read the first 2 volumes. But, I don't recall seeing anything that seemed unfamiliar to me. I did feel like you got into Mizutani's head a little more in the manga than the anime.
katscradle

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:23 pm Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
What was the reaction to My Love Story!!, katscradle? I thought the preview was really cute, and I haven't noticed any particular reaction to it, positive or negative.

I remember a few people talking about how it didn't belong. At the moment I can't remember exactly where online it was a topic though, sorry. Sad Since debates about boys being interested in romance tend to come around every so often certain sentiments weren't surprising to me exactly. But, the negative sentiment may have been more isolated than I thought. Related to the series itself people seem to like the first volume pretty well, if how much favorable buzz I've ran across about it is any indication.
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:27 pm Reply with quote
I had a whole long reply to lots of people typed up and then we had a storm and the power went out. Mad So basically the big thing I was saying before I lost it all was that the rape scenes in Dream of an Ancient Floating City are not meant to be titillating - they are presented as violence against the women. So they're still awful, but at least they aren't trying to be sexy...

I'll also try and review a shounen romance next time for those curious. Maybe I'll try DMG's release of KOR.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2