• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
FUNimation November / December 2014 Solicitations

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WTK

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:26 pm Reply with quote
WTK wrote:
Just adding this here.

One Piece Collection: Box One - Episodes 1-103 (Amazon Exclusive)
- MSRP: $99.98
- Release date: TBA

One Piece Collection: Box Two - Episodes 104-205 (Amazon Exclusive)
- MSRP: $99.98
- Release date: February 3, 2015.

Box 1 now has release date of Jan 6, 2015.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:39 am Reply with quote
I'm glad I preordered them when they were $20 cheaper each.
WTK

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:32 pm Reply with quote
http://thedigitalbits.com/columns/my-two-cents/082714_1530
Quote:
Now then… we have some new information for you on the FUNimation-exclusive “premium” version of Cowboy Bebop: The Complete Series that will be available on their website on 12/16. It will include the series on both Blu-ray and DVD, will come in limited edition “tri-fold” packaging in the style of a vintage LP cover with a display easel, will include 4 exclusive artwork cards and will also include a 5th exclusive car with the foil-stamped autograph of series creator Shinichiro Watanabe (currently available on the FUNimation shop site for $64.98). There will also be an Amazon-exclusive “premium” edition that includes both Blu-ray and DVD in limited edition “clamshell art box” packaging, with a 140-page B&W artwork book of early concept sketches for the series, and also a 48-page color artwork book (currently available for pre-order for $89.98 on Amazon). Keep in mind, however, that if those are too rich for you, Cowboy Bebop: The Complete Series will also be available on 12/16 in regular Blu-ray and DVD editions without the swag and special packaging. Final cover artwork isn’t available yet, nor is the list of disc-based special features, but we’ll post an update when FUNimation finalizes the details. We can’t wait – if you haven’t seen it yet, Cowboy Bebop is an all-time, genre-bending classic of Japanese anime.
WTK

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:08 pm Reply with quote
WTK

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:54 pm Reply with quote
via Amazon.com / FUNimation Shop / TRSI...
WTK

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:41 pm Reply with quote
via TRSI...

Ghost in the Shell: Arise, Vol.4 (Blu-ray) [Import] - $69.98 - 12/9/14
Quote:
This collector's edition includes a 22-page guide booklet and a unique cut of the film strip!

Special Features: Logicoma Route, Theatrical Trailer, PV Footage for "border:3 Ghost Tears," TV Spots.

Spoken Languages: Japanese, English subtitles.

This product is an import from Japan, and is limited to 2,400 units total. All sales are final. It may be returned for an exchange if defective, but unfortunately we are unable to offer refunds.
WTK

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:24 pm Reply with quote
Cowboy Bebop

Amazon Exclusive Edition | MSRP: $99.98 - Release date: December 16, 2014

Buy the Amazon Exclusive Edition and receive:
  • Complete TV series on Blu-ray and DVD (combo pack)
  • Exclusive Limited Edition clamshell art box
  • 140 page black and white art book
  • 48 page vibrant, full-color art book
  • 227 minutes of on-disc extras, including the original English cast feature "Dinner aboard the Bebop"
  • Order now - only 10,000 available!

FUNimation Exclusive Edition | MSRP: $89.98 - Release date: December 16, 2014

Buy the FUNimation Exclusive Edition and receive:
  • Complete TV series on Blu-ray and DVD (combo pack)
  • Exclusive Limited Edition tri-fold packaging in the style of a vintage record cover
  • Display easel for packaging
  • Four exclusive art cards
  • Exclusive art card with foil-stamped autograph from director Shinichiro Watanabe
  • 227 minutes of on-disc extras, including the original English cast feature "Dinner Aboard the Bebop"
  • Order now - only 2,500 available!

Last edited by WTK on Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:55 pm; edited 3 times in total
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:56 pm Reply with quote
Lovely looking CB Amazon exclusive set. Silly looking CB Funimation.com exclusive.
zawa113

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:57 pm Reply with quote
Aww, damn, I hate not liking Cowboy Bebop quite enough to shell out for either one. I can only hope they'll do a nice set for Outlaw Star too
lem

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:05 pm Reply with quote
Pleasantly surprised that someone at FUNI gets it. Gets what Watanabe is a fan of. They must've taken a cue from the Amz JP release with its play of the CSN album cover. Definitely loving the old school album look of their new set. Already pre-ordered that puppy.

Still on the fence about the one from Amz US though it looks just like the old UK dvd release, the newer two part UK blu-ray set and the Bandai Anime Legends one. In other words, more of the same. Yawn.

But I do want those books. Damn Damn Damn. Eyes are always bigger than my stomach when it comes to the series I've enjoyed.
Crisha

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:05 pm Reply with quote
Man, a majority of the opinions I've read seem to be that Funimation's exclusive looks silly/stupid/crappy, but I personally really like the appearance. If I were to get one, I'd probably get Funimation's version. I'm a bit worried at how the discs would be stored in the packaging. (Are they likely to get scratched?)

I can be ho-hum about artbooks if the only thing in them is art. If they had interviews or background information about the production process, then I'd be more interested.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Leland Lee

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:36 pm Reply with quote
=_=

What the hell is going on with the Funi store... I'm getting one error message after another.
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:42 pm Reply with quote
I almost certainly going to buy the Amazon.com edition. The FUNImation edition's packaging is neat and I resect its greater exclusivity appeal to me, but it just doesn't address my preferences enough. The books with the Amazon.com edition, being predominantly artwork, aren't a good fit either as I'd prefer production notes and interviews, much like came with TRSI's Revolutionary Girl Utena sets, but it is closer to what I like. I believe that it will include concept art and production sketches, which might be intriguing. I'm very interested in the copious on-disc features, especially those pertaining to the English dub cast. They were so uncommonly important in the case of this series that it should be far more worthwhile than typical English dub cast content.

I really wish that one of these came with a copy of the novel that Keiko Nobumoto wrote that came with the Japanese edition, but that was probably found to be infeasible. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a rights problem, provided that it was considered at all.

Whatever the case, I'm glad to be able to buy a badass edition of my favorite series and something that was important to my life. I've never actually owned it and that's gone on too long.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Leland Lee

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:25 pm Reply with quote
willag wrote:
Are they likely to get scratched?)

Maybe the DVD's, but there's no way the blu-ray discs could get scratched given the packaging.
zawa113

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:18 pm Reply with quote
The on-disc extras are the most inciting either way, anyone know if all 227 minutes of them will be on the standard version too? I'm hoping "yes" if it's the same discs in all of them, but if one of them is an exclusive bonus disc, then the answer might be "no".
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3