• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gundam Reconguista in G's 3rd Promo Streamed

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:07 pm Reply with quote
Looks great.

October is going to be fun this year with this show airing Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:25 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, can't wait for this.

The G-Arukein looks pretty cool, don't think I'd seen that one yet.
Kicksville

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:10 pm Reply with quote
The names I've been seeing for those units elsewhere are "G-Self" and "G-Arcane".

The latter sort of reminds me of the DSserd from L-Gaim (purely, I guess, since they're red and are sort of variants of the show's title robot).
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:26 pm Reply with quote
Sunrise must be fairly behind on CG, it doesn't look any better than Macross Frontier's.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:34 pm Reply with quote
at least the voice cast is good (well, the ones we've heard in the past)
the-antihero

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:17 pm Reply with quote
Just air the damn thing and get it over with already! Once this series is done, we get another AU and that's what I'm waiting for.
checarlos87

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:37 pm Reply with quote
This is the most promising Gundam series I've seen in a long, long time. Hope it meets those expectations.
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:38 pm Reply with quote
Kicksville wrote:
The names I've been seeing for those units elsewhere are "G-Self" and "G-Arcane".

The latter sort of reminds me of the DSserd from L-Gaim (purely, I guess, since they're red and are sort of variants of the show's title robot).

Some of the character designs really remind me of L-Gaim, particularly that Kurimu (Khalim?) guy.

walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Sunrise must be fairly behind on CG, it doesn't look any better than Macross Frontier's.

Probably because it's not CG. Also I'd rather take Sunrise's overall animation over Satelights QUALITY and budgeting for 2D animation which generally looks like dogshit. And no Sunrise really isn't that behind on CGI if you look at things like Unicorn, Love Live and MS Igloo 2, you just have strange opinions for whatever reason.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:27 pm Reply with quote
the-antihero wrote:
Just air the damn thing and get it over with already! Once this series is done, we get another AU and that's what I'm waiting for.

Why? There hasn't been a high quality AU series since Turn A. And that was a Tomino joint, just like this one.

This is practically an AU as it is.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
pajmo9

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:12 pm Reply with quote
Kaioshin_Sama wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:

Probably because it's not CG. Also I'd rather take Sunrise's overall animation over Satelights QUALITY and budgeting for 2D animation which generally looks like dogshit. And no Sunrise really isn't that behind on CGI if you look at things like Unicorn, Love Live and MS Igloo 2, you just have strange opinions for whatever reason.

I believe he was referring to the elevator. I'm not sure what else you could do with something that just goes up and down. The 3D model looks fine to me.
the-antihero

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:54 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
the-antihero wrote:

Why? There hasn't been a high quality AU series since Turn A. And that was a Tomino joint, just like this one.

This is practically an AU as it is.

Whatever you say -_-'

Forgive me for not being a nostalgic hardass towards AU and enjoyed SEED, SEED Destiny, SEED CE73 Stargazer, 00 (s1 and s2), and AGE as much as Wing, X, and Turn A.
Wrangler

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:59 pm Reply with quote
Universal Century unfortunately is over. Period. No future. Unless they revisit like Origins will.

This is new century, supposedly in the same timeline as the new century's Gundam. It looks good, new take on it with taste of old animation style.
Zetabag

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:41 pm Reply with quote
Wrangler wrote:
Universal Century unfortunately is over. Period. No future.

Umm....says who?

Unicorn only concludes the Federation and Zeon conflict, but there isn't anything stopping Sunrise from creating original stories set before or after Gundam Unicorn. Not to mention there is plenty of material besides "The Origin" that Sunrise could animate.

As long as there is a demand for it, Sunrise will continue to crank out Universal Century related material.
the-antihero

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:40 pm Reply with quote
Zetabag wrote:
Wrangler wrote:
Universal Century unfortunately is over. Period. No future.

Umm....says who?

Unicorn only concludes the Federation and Zeon conflict, but there isn't anything stopping Sunrise from creating original stories set before or after Gundam Unicorn. Not to mention there is plenty of material besides "The Origin" that Sunrise could animate.

As long as there is a demand for it, Sunrise will continue to crank out Universal Century related material.

UC just has too many entries to keep up with and they keep releasing new material consecutively. I'd prefer they adapt an existing manga or novel into anime to make it easier to catch up to.
Mr Adventure

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:07 pm Reply with quote
the-antihero wrote:

UC just has too many entries to keep up with and they keep releasing new material consecutively. I'd prefer they adapt an existing manga or novel into anime to make it easier to catch up to.

I have to dis agree, I've not watched any of the main UC Gundam titles (just 08th MS and War in the Pocket) but I have no trouble keeping all the UC titles straight.

The problem is availability. It's pretty much impossible to get caught up at thus point due to everything being out of print, or an expensive import.

I've always been more interested in the UC Gundams then the AU ones, because the UC titles are the ones with a legacy and history behind them.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2