• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The importance of parity in adventure romance?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aylinn

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:08 am Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
I agree with this. Imagine your dead girlfriend suddenly returning to you while you're dating a new girlfriend.
Lol wtf would you do? What would most people do? What's the "right" thing to do?

Well, for example, by making the situation clear as soon as possible? I am not telling it is an easy decision, but waiting for more than hundred episodes to make it is way too much, especially since he didn't make it and just stayed with the girl who reminded alive.

I don't know why Kagome spoiler[agreed to be with him, in her place, after everything that happened, I would feel like Inuyasha's consolation prize,] but in her place I wouldn't fall for Inuysaha in the first place, so well, I suppose different strokes for different folks.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:59 pm Reply with quote
Aylinn wrote:
in her place I wouldn't fall for Inuysaha in the first place

Mmmm, I so would. Razz

Leaving that aside, Inu and Kago went through a lot of intense, life-defining experiences together. It would be difficult for a boy and girl their ages to not fall in love over that course. It's a very shoujo-esque "he protects her body as she protects his heart" type of ship.

They honestly do need each other. Kikyou saw that and that's why she was so jealous; because Kagome, still uncorrupted and pure can give Inuyasha what Kikyou cannot.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2