• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gainax's Otaku no Video OVA Blu-ray Listed in Japan

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:31 pm Reply with quote
Were the live action segments recorded on video? Not like they matter as much as the animation, but getting more detail into those overstuffed rooms would be interesting.
fuuma_monou

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:40 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Were the live action segments recorded on video?

Most probably. Anyone here know for sure?
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:17 am Reply with quote
Still waiting for Otakuland, Gainax!

walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:12 am Reply with quote
Hope they find a way to get the Daicon animations remastered too, if they still have the film. So they can't sell it because of copyright, then just put it on YouTube and allow free downloads in high quality, I suppose you just need to cut the ELO out. Problem solved
GATSU

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:22 am Reply with quote
walw: They can pay for the copyrights now with all that Eva money. They just don't want to.
Majin Tenshi

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:30 am Reply with quote
I would go for it if it has sub, but if not i think that could make a good second and easy project for Animeigo after BGC.
HeeroTX

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:15 pm Reply with quote
No sub is listed, I really wonder why.
Cptn_Taylor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:55 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Hope they find a way to get the Daicon animations remastered too, if they still have the film. So they can't sell it because of copyright, then just put it on YouTube and allow free downloads in high quality, I suppose you just need to cut the ELO out. Problem solved

That would just be copyright infringement and Gainax would find itself at the end of a rather big lawsuit. Have you seen just how many characters they ripped off in that 3-5 minute video ? All for their glory and that of animation. But still, you can't go ripping off star wars, marvel comic characters, playboy bunnies, godzilla, atragon and god knows what else.... And of course the music, the music...
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:10 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:

I don't see how it could be, since it was basically parody (yeah, they could use that excuse).
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:30 pm Reply with quote
Cptn_Taylor wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:

That would just be copyright infringement and Gainax would find itself at the end of a rather big lawsuit. Have you seen just how many characters they ripped off in that 3-5 minute video ? All for their glory and that of animation. But still, you can't go ripping off star wars, marvel comic characters, playboy bunnies, godzilla, atragon and god knows what else.... And of course the music, the music...

Yeah, that's why I said release it for free as fan/parody work, you know, like the HUNDREDS of things you see on YouTube and in fan art that don't get lawsuits thrown at their creators?

And if bunny suits were such a problem for copyright infringement...I guess that's why just never see them show up in anime, manga, or figures. And you needn't bring up the music issue when I already mentioned cutting ELO out.
EricJ2

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:24 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:

...CUT THE ELO OUT??? Shocked
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1