• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day [Collector's Edition] BD+DVD

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EnigmaticSky

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:37 am Reply with quote
luffypirate85 wrote:
I really need to pick this up dunno which version to buy...the Aniplex USA release looks pretty gold with that soundtrack and all. I went all out for the TV Blu-ray discs back in '11 (literally like HALF A GRAND ALL OUT, the exchange rate was wretched back then) so I might want to do the same for the movie at least for completionists sake. 30% less cash spent this time around lol. Honestly haven't even seen the movie yet. It will be one of those rare blind buys theatrical run never made it to my area even though I practically begged for it. There's no way I'll not like it, anohana is fanf*ckingtastic in my eyes. My absolute favorite Okada script. Top ten material, at least as far as TV anime from '00 and up goes.

I don't know where you were buying man, but I got the entire series collectors edition from NISA for around 50 bucks... Patience is a virtue.

I haven't seen the movie, but I'm considering getting it for completion's sake. That being said the price-tag is steep for a movie, and especially one that is kinda a recap-ish thing.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:34 am Reply with quote
EnigmaticSky wrote:

I don't know where you were buying man, but I got the entire series collectors edition from NISA for around 50 bucks... Patience is a virtue.

Yeah...I paid 70-ish for mine...but that was last year so the price probably dropped as the release got older.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:11 am Reply with quote
Hope they do dub this someday.
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:25 am Reply with quote
I'm disappointed to hear that the movie isn't put together that well - I was actually hoping that it might improve upon the show by cutting some of the middle parts that dragged the pacing to a standstill.

I guess I'll just stick to the show if I want to see the story again - and I haven't even decided if I care to re-watch it, because of those draggy bits.
buldieb

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:39 pm Reply with quote
A recap movie will always be a recap, but I found this one enjoyable.

And come on! They played the full version of Secret Base during that scene! I cried like a lost child all over again.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3