• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Capcom Producer: Street Fighter Eventually Coming to PS4, Xbox One

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
patrick.enfield.9

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:39 am Reply with quote
OH MY GOD FIRST TEKKEN AND NOW STREET FIGHTER fudge YOU fudge YOU fudge YOU NEXT GEN CONSOLES !!!!!

I thought I wont be buying any next gen consoles but street fighter is my entire childhood, I love the movies, the live action assassines fist series and all of the plot and characters. SF is the best thing ever if it gets a proper ps4 game how could I ressist ?

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU Sony you win once again.
EricJ2

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:16 am Reply with quote
You...don't have any next-gen consoles? Confused

So, like, what do you watch, cable??
Mr Adventure

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:21 am Reply with quote
Just play it on PC/Steam like I do.
mdo7

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:47 am Reply with quote
ANN wrote:
Thanks to Mdo7 for the news tip.

You're welcome, ANN!!! Smile

Looks like I have another reason to buy a PS4 (well not only for some of the exclusives and remasters of past released games). But I want to see how the PS4/Xbox One graphic/resolution differ from last-gen. Also I want to see if the PS4/Xbox One version has any exclusives not found in the last gen version. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
patrick.enfield.9

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:37 pm Reply with quote
EricJ2 wrote:

I am not a Gamer so I dont need a next gen console. All I care about is street fighter, tekken and other beat em ups to be honest. And well about tv..I dont even watch tv anymore. Thats what I have anime for lol
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:00 pm Reply with quote
Cool, but will it actually be #5? If so, I'll wait till the third iteration.

That might actually make sense, one SF game per console generation with lots of add-ons and refinements.
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:01 pm Reply with quote
EricJ2 wrote:

Not even last gen consoles, I might get a ps3 if it gets close to the $99 price tag nexr xmas.

Quote:

Nowadays for watching longplays and endings of videogames we got youtube and similar, for playing games I got a pc Anime hyper
mdo7

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:05 pm Reply with quote
patrick.enfield.9 wrote:

I am not a Gamer so I don't need a next gen console. All I care about is street fighter, tekken and other beat em ups to be honest. And well about tv..I don't even watch tv anymore. Thats what I have anime for lol

May I ask what you do?? Because you seem a little strange when I read your comment.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
EricJ2

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:23 pm Reply with quote
mangamuscle wrote:
EricJ2 wrote:

Nowadays for watching longplays and endings of videogames we got youtube and similar, for playing games I got a pc Anime hyper

Er, that was a joke:
Namely about the fact that the game community has now almost monomaniacally isolated itself, while the real next-gen game console industry currently depends on how well they work as TV set-top boxes--Pretty well pushing Roku, and the game-only Wii U, out of business.
Even the entire reality-show-sagging cable industry is starting to take a fatally crippling "Cut the cord" hit from the fact that PS4 has Netflix, Amazon, Crunchyroll, YouTube, HBO-Go, and Vudu standard, and even X-Box One caved in and added the 3D Blu-ray that was selling the PS3's.

Nowadays, you've got folks since 2008 buying Playstations who've never played a game in the last thirty years...YET. Twisted Evil
iloveturkey

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:28 pm Reply with quote
I took it as a joke that a lot of games are movies these days, and label themselves as "cinematic experiences" so we watch them instead of play them. Ah well.
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:01 pm Reply with quote
EricJ2 wrote:

I don't have one either. When there are next-gen only games worth playing, i'll buy one. To date there are none that interest me. The only ones even announced are FFXV and Phantom Dust, which might come to 360.
patrick.enfield.9

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:00 pm Reply with quote
mdo7 wrote:
patrick.enfield.9 wrote:

I am not a Gamer so I don't need a next gen console. All I care about is street fighter, tekken and other beat em ups to be honest. And well about tv..I don't even watch tv anymore. Thats what I have anime for lol

May I ask what you do?? Because you seem a little strange when I read your comment.

Haha I guess I might come across a little strange sometimes. I am a martial artist, I practicce like every free second of my life time, its like an addiction. You could say I am a follower of the martial arts. Perhaps thats why I am in such mad love with street fighter. It fullfills all of my fighting fantasies haha
Hiro94

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:29 pm Reply with quote
EricJ2 wrote:

I don't have any next gen consoles yet. As long as Playstation 3 continues to get the steady stream of awesome Japanese games it's been getting over the last few years i will be hesitant to upgrade.
mdo7

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:45 pm Reply with quote
patrick.enfield.9 wrote:

Haha I guess I might come across a little strange sometimes. I am a martial artist, I practice like every free second of my life time, its like an addiction. You could say I am a follower of the martial arts. Perhaps thats why I am in such mad love with street fighter. It fullfills all of my fighting fantasies haha

I see, that's why you seem so strange, for a minute I thought you were a troll (or a recurring troll that got banned and come back to troll ANN).

Last edited by mdo7 on Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
IanC

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:49 am Reply with quote
Of course no Wii U.

Grrrr.

Oh well Smash Bros > every other fighting game in existence.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2