• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan's Animation Blu-ray Disc Ranking, August 11-17

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Detrimont

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:28 am Reply with quote
Only a 400 decrease on MCA, i'm really wondering how much set 9 will sell, just because of the most likely redone 1:30 in the beginning of the episode.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:46 am Reply with quote
Frozen only dropped 8,500 from last week, so I imagine it's going to stay on the chart for a very long time. Even if it only drops to 5,000 copies a week, that's still enough to keep it #1 for most weeks, and at 2,000 it'll more or less continue to chart.
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:03 am Reply with quote
Detrimont wrote:
Only a 400 decrease on MCA, i'm really wondering how much set 9 will sell, just because of the most likely redone 1:30 in the beginning of the episode.

Another way to look at Mekakucity is how popular the song is that's the basis for a given episode/volume. This week's v4 is "Kagerou Daze", which was the breakthrough song for Kagerou Project, and v9 is the very popular "Ayano's Theory of Happiness". So that, plus fixing the creepy RWBY-kwality opening sequence, could really help v9.

I was tweeting with @somekindofthing over the weekend about Mekakucity and he/she made the comment that with volumes being a single episode and based around one KagePro song, packaged in a CD-size format, you could see MCA volumes as a CD single that includes a TV episode as a bonus, rather than the other way around. The fact that the music is a main draw here was reinforced to me when I was at Kinokuniya SF last week and they were playing the TV versions of all the KagePro songs (ie, the non-vocaloid covers).
Rederoin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:10 am Reply with quote
Detrimont wrote:

Its actually a 800 decrease, or a 13% drop drop v3wk1. Thats actually a sizeable drop. If it keeps dropping like that, its not good news for the series.
Araki

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:39 pm Reply with quote
Rederoin wrote:
Its actually a 800 decrease, or a 13% drop drop v3wk1. Thats actually a sizeable drop. If it keeps dropping like that, its not good news for the series.

Nope, Detrimont was right. Vol.3 sold 3,619 in its first week. So 400.
Rederoin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:54 pm Reply with quote
Araki wrote:
Rederoin wrote:

Nope, Detrimont was right. Vol.3 sold 3,619 in its first week. So 400.

He forgot about the DVDs.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1