• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hunter x Hunter Manga Goes on 2-Week Hiatus Due to Back Pain

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LaughingElbow

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:46 am Reply with quote
Bracing for the next long hiatus already.
shiranehito

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:54 am Reply with quote
With the art so inconsistent it's beyond recognition I'm actually surprised that this manga still has so many viewers.
FreshIngredient

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:56 am Reply with quote
...so no chapter this monday?
Lain'sHairline

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:07 am Reply with quote
At least we have A REASON this time. All the other hiatus explanations were completely nonexistent.

Get well soon Togashi. Mr. Green
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:15 am Reply with quote
Get well soon Togashi.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
KH91

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:15 am Reply with quote
If you were having a bad day, I'm sure HxH on hitaus news will give you a laugh.
Shory

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:05 am Reply with quote
KH91 wrote:
If you were having a bad day, I'm sure HxH on hitaus news will give you a laugh.

I think there's more days of Hiatus x Hiatus announcements than there's days without them.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:47 am Reply with quote
shiranehito wrote:
With the art so inconsistent it's beyond recognition I'm actually surprised that this manga still has so many viewers.

Storywise HxH blows most other shonen out of the water, the complexity of the whole nen system just makes pretty much every other power scale look like a kid wrote. Unfortunately, or fortunately hxh is that good that Togashi can pretty much do whatever he wants.

I would actually say its pretty nice situation. Its an industry where artist toil for small wages, often getting serious health issues and getting disposed of like kleenex. So to see an author who can basically call his own shots is kind of a nice role reversal.
Saku-dono

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:14 am Reply with quote
Bias...

HxH might be a good written shounen title but the idea of having an author, getting privileges of a 24-month hiatus is inexcusable IMHO.

Other good manga titles get axed at the most crucial time and to boot, the reason was just it was underrated and not selling well. In HxH case, I'm pretty certain that the publishing company is more concern of their sales rather than their care for their other manga artists...

But well, if you're doing business... I cannot help but agree with their mindset. Anime hyper
j Talbain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:30 am Reply with quote
Love HxH but it's time maybe for him to hire an artist and give him the scripts so this series can remain on track. Or hire an assistant something to keep from these stoppages.
Akeema

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:49 am Reply with quote
KH91 wrote:

I actually did laugh out loud as soon as I read the headline. Laughing
patrick.enfield.9

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:54 am Reply with quote
shiranehito wrote:

How disrespectful. Togashi might be considered somewhat lazy as he doesnt take the same health damage other mangaka are willing to take for their series. However his writing is amazing and you cant deny he is putting insane effort into details in his plot.
Yes the art is inconsistent, its still one of the 3 best Manga the wsj has to offer. Togashi is a great writer and his manga deserves much more attention imo.
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:15 am Reply with quote
The new "Dragon Quest" game must be pretty short.
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:18 am Reply with quote
Even if I do love Togashi's writing, that dosen't mean I'm going to hold him on some Godly pedestool, kiss his feet and suddenly act as though he's above anyone else in his position regarding his work ethic.

That said, I will say that honestly I'm fine with these two week breaks, especially since he's *gasp* given his readers a reason.
cloudthe23

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:07 am Reply with quote
This is how it starts, first there's a week hiatus then there 1-2 weeks of hiatus next thing we know there's another announcement saying that Togashi's going on a hiatus without saying how long will it last and we have to wait yrs for the manga to return
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4