• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Mega Slowbro Unveiled in Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Video

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nonaka Machine Gun B

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:56 pm Reply with quote
What a time to be alive.
Emma Iveli

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:36 pm Reply with quote
Oh man... I can't believe it... Slowking is going to be awesome!

Sorry... sorry... I couldn't help myself with that...

But seriously... Mega Slowbro I think is the silliest looking Mega Evolution yet...
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:27 pm Reply with quote
Mega Slowbro's look may be...out of the ordinary, but he will make a very staunch defender thanks to his high Defense, his access to the move Amnesia, and his Ability Shell Armor.
jr240483

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:30 pm Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
Mega Slowbro's look may be...out of the ordinary, but he will make a very staunch defender thanks to his high Defense, his access to the move Amnesia, and his Ability Shell Armor.

please. its beyond stupid. for one thing. its still slow as hell so it will be spending more time healing instead of bosting . furthermore shell armor is kinda useless if its facing an opponent that have the mold breaker ability. but most importantly its design is beyond stupid. i have seen better design made by fans of youtube than this crap.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:40 pm Reply with quote
I actually like it's design. The entire Slowpoke evolutionary line, in terms of design, is a joke anyways. Shellder bites its tail and it gains the ability to walk upright. Shellder bites its head and now it's incredibly smart.

Maybe when Shellder consumes it's body, it'll turn into a bishounen/bishoujo.
ParaChomp

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:12 pm Reply with quote
It's so lazy it's funny. I love how stupid it looks, it suits it well. Don't like the Shell Armour ability, I'd rather keep Regenerator and a free slot for a Mega Evolution as Slobro is already powerful on its own.
gedata

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:09 am Reply with quote
really unnecessary man

mega farfetch'd when. That gut actually needs one
Lavnovice9

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:42 pm Reply with quote
My favorite Pokemon, and the dumbest looking Mega. Regenerator is a better ability, and lack of held Leftovers make it questionable. I'll stick with the regular version and let another Mega on my team
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:09 pm Reply with quote
ParaChomp wrote:
It's so lazy it's funny. I love how stupid it looks, it suits it well. Don't like the Shell Armour ability, I'd rather keep Regenerator and a free slot for a Mega Evolution as Slobro is already powerful on its own.

exactly my point. it would have been better off if it got that ability or probably filter to help with its defenses. though slowking should have gotten the adaptability ability as its hidden ability.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1