• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yamato 2199 Compilation Film's Ad Previews Nana Mizuki's Ending Theme

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Desslok

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:50 am Reply with quote
Now hurry up Voyager and release the rest of the discs domestically! Don't make me go to amazon.jp for my 2199 fix!
Wrangler

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:09 pm Reply with quote
Desslok wrote:
Now hurry up Voyager and release the rest of the discs domestically! Don't make me go to amazon.jp for my 2199 fix!

Perhaps more expensive, but I'd properly prefer it its original form.
Desslok

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:30 pm Reply with quote
Well, the only thing that was localized was the title card for each episode. Would I prefer the show unadulterated? Of course - but for half the cost of getting the discs from Japan, I'm willing to put up with 8 seconds of "Star Blazers" on screen.

Mind you, with the domestic releases stalled out, it might be all academic anyway.
Zump

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:25 pm Reply with quote
It's a shame this show isn't streaming legally on the Internet. Given how the live-action Yamato movie is selling very well for Funi, theres no reason this show wouldn't do well in the US if there were a more convenient way for US anime fans to watch it. I'm afraid whoever's in charge of this show screwed the pooch by opting for the import only method.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1