• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Terraformars & Terra Formars Revenge (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:33 pm Reply with quote
Well, there were no censors this episode, though that could be because there was only any roach gore.

Unfortunely, but unsurprisingly, spoiler[Sheila bites it. Not allowed to have an upbeat character in these kinds of shows, after all.]
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:59 pm Reply with quote
Best episode of the season so far imo and the censors definitely toned down a bit. It almost reminds me of that OVA I watched almost two months ago. I'm going to miss spoiler[Sheila] for quite a bit.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kirkdawg
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:09 pm Reply with quote
They really milked the hell out of spoiler[Shiela's Death.] To the point where I noticed it was starting to drag....and then all the unnecessary flashbacks towards the end just made it even worse. But, as others have said, the lack of censorship did improve the series by a marginal amount. Hopefully it doesn't keep the DBZ level of pacing and progresses at a more reasonable pace from here on.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:04 pm Reply with quote
Damn, I was certain Akari and his circle of friends had some plot armor.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:37 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Little bit about the past.
This huntsman spider transformation is very effective.
Seems like the other members of the team aren't half bad either.
Two powers are always better than one ^^
Still, they are only a handful of people against endless number of roaches..
Good episode.]
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:54 pm Reply with quote
This show is getting better now with mostly the action. And tbh after watching the latest episode, I am a fan of spoiler[Michelle K. Davis].
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:36 am Reply with quote
Episode 5

Good to see spoiler[humans actually winning for once. Sadly it looks like it could not last].
Kirkdawg
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:33 pm Reply with quote
Episode 5, this show's not doing anything for me anymore. I couldn't bring myself to sit through all the stupid flashbacks about a character that's already dead. Shouldn't the characterization come first before the dramatic death? This just feels like some cheap milking to "extend" the drama of her death while slowly explaining what the hell is going on with the superhuman powers.

Not to mention, the faceless roaches being the main antagonist of this series is incredibly boring. So far, they're just bipedal punching bags that happen to be a bit on the strong side if the humans haven't injected their medicine. Now they're just cannon fodder waiting to be disposed of in the masses...I just don't see any value in the story anymore. The writing in this story just fails on so many levels that I don't feel compelled at all to continue watching. The horrendously amusing censorship (from previous episodes) was just icing on the cake.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:37 pm Reply with quote
Uncensored episodes are out. The only thing I didn't also glean from the censored version was that spoiler[a roach pulled off a guy's head and then used his spinal cord as a sword/whip to attack some others.]
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:21 pm Reply with quote
A large portion of these insects are unknown know to me, so part of the reason I like this show is the scaled up demonstration of what the little buggers can do. also the cans of whoop-ass the humans can deliver is awesome
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:30 pm Reply with quote
That was probably in doubt the longest spoiler[two minutes of Michelle's life. Also, it looks like those cockroaches undergoes through evolution adapted by both their experience and environment. Going by that, there's going to be plenty of harsh battles ahead....]

I expect the body count to pile up a bit more soon.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:18 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Those roaches... seems some are more evolved.
And with that even more dangerous..
Wait... they can even drive spaceships now?!
Maybe if the eat a hybrid, they get some of it's power?
Or they evolved & adapted to different terrains..
Each of the human-bug hybrid is different.
Seems like they made 1 of each to test which bugs have the most chance of survival.]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:43 pm Reply with quote
Episode 6

Why was one of the previous group people given the powers of a spoiler[diving beetle, did they expect a lot of underwater combat]? I was getting a bit bugged by it earlier, but the more I go through the more I think about how unrealistic the biology of this show is. Simply having human sized versions of insects would not upscale their abilities, something like a giant ant would actually become crushed under its own weight. And you have so many other reasons why an insect would have traits other than being able to gift them to people through DNA or something that they can bring out through catalyst.

Did they say the roaches spoiler[have bones]? I was actually starting to think, maybe the roaches are spoiler[more than just normal insects that were left there. It would only make sense if their biology was mixed with human DNA].
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 pm Reply with quote
Episode 7:

I think those spoiler[cockroaches are going to get some major payback soon. That Sylvester guy sure took a bite out of them this episode with his crab abilities.]

Pretty OP power if I could say so myself....
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:15 pm Reply with quote
So they managed to caught spoiler[2 types of roaches..]
Too much talking is not smart when roaches are around.
They tend to just attack on sight.
Now they're spoiler[even making sounds.
Maybe they'll start talking soon..]

Good episode.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6