• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: To Love Ru Darkness Sub.Blu-Ray

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:32 pm Reply with quote
Zalis116, then for those brief moments he's a girl, I'm fine with a female seiyuu and those instances alone. If his female seiyuu ever reads this, I felt that you're voice was horrible and that it should've been a guy to do Rito's boy self.
ItAintEazy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:33 am Reply with quote
kanechin wrote:
still manga ftw, I hate that they show nana but not mikan fully nude. They look like each other except with color swaps.

Mikan is still in elementary school (so at most 12 years old), so the studio probably wanted to avoid running afoul of current laws.
kanechin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:14 pm Reply with quote
ItAintEazy wrote:
kanechin wrote:
still manga ftw, I hate that they show nana but not mikan fully nude. They look like each other except with color swaps.

Mikan is still in elementary school (so at most 12 years old), so the studio probably wanted to avoid running afoul of current laws.

Then any future ovas should be handled by silver link.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:29 pm Reply with quote
I just caught up with this and I have to agree that putting Momo and Yami in focus improved things.

As far as Rito is concerned, I had absolutely no expectation that he would grow at all as a character so I wasn't disappointed. There was a tiny glimmer of hope here and there as Momo pressed her case for building a harem and that all the girls would be happy with it but they just couldn't give up the scared-boy-virgin thing.

At the end of the prior season (Trouble) it ended with Rito trying (again) to confess to Haruna (as far as those kinds of gags go it wasn't bad) but for some reason that was completely forgotten in this season. It had a mention but Rito makes no attempt to follow up.

What is kind of interesting is that here and there some girl indulges in a revealed fantasy where Rito actually acts like a self-actualized character rather than someone being afflicted. But it is only a fantasy within a fantasy that this happens. This reveals that the writers/animators/creative chain are capable of executing this sort of character but choose not to. It must just be out of their comfort zone and that's that.

jr0904 wrote:
OVAs being released in the US is the same chances for Kodomo no Jikan being licensed in the US.ZERO!

Nit: I believe KnJ was licensed but the license holder chickened out.
Ali07

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:53 am Reply with quote
The KnJ manga was licensed by Seven Seas, but then they went back on it. A quick google image search...and I can see why.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:05 pm Reply with quote
ItAintEazy wrote:
kanechin wrote:

I watched this, despite dropping the original TLR on fansubs back in the day after one episode, for a few reasons (the Darkness simulcast was the first and only time the franchise has been available in the UK, but my cousin wanted to see it and I was morbidly curious as to just how far the fanservice was going to go and just how bad the subs were going to get). Mikan had always been my favourite from images of the first series, but I didn't appreciate how young she actually was until she showed up in Darkness wearing a randoseru.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2