• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Crunchyroll removing 14 titles from their library.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rukiia

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:42 pm Reply with quote
Making a better thread for this.

Quote:
Hey guys,

Get ready for a marathon, because we've got some titles that are unfortunately going back into the depths of the anime vault. The following titles will be available on Crunchyroll until the end of this month, Sunday, August 31 at midnight Pacific Time:

Gosick
Fortune Arterial
Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 1 & 2
The Melancholy of Haruhi-chan Suzumiya
Nyoron Churuya-san
Good Luck! Ninomiya-kun
Kiddy GiRL-AND
Lucky Star
Maburaho
Venus to Mamoru!
Seitokai No Ichizon - Student Councils Discretion
My Ordinary Life
Omamori Himari
Uraboku
The Mystic Archives of Dantalian
Otogi-Soushi (Manga 2.5)

So go pop some popcorn and invite your friends over and have an anime sleepover!

Source.

Wow, that is a huge chunk of titles (yet things like Haruhi make sense because of Funimation). I am annoyed that we only have less then a week to marathon through all these titles. I have yet to check out Uraboku, Omamori Himari, and finish Fortune Arterial.

It is being speculated that since most of these are Kadokawa titles, and Funimation recently announced rescuing more Bandai shows, Funi could have possibly picked some of these up. Here is hoping for Nichijo, The Mystic Archives of Dantalian, and Gosick getting licensed if the rumors turn out to be true.

What will you marathon through? Given what little time I have I might just finish Fortune Arterial and maybe squeeze in Omamori Himari. If I am lucky I might catch an episode or two of Uraboku. I now regret that I hadn't watched/finished these shows sooner. Anime cry
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dessa

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:42 am Reply with quote
I'm really bummed about Uraboku, even though I have the manga (which goes further anyway) and spoiler[fansubs], since it's not licensed. I've been waiting for someone to pick it up so I could buy it.
Lain'sHairline

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:40 am Reply with quote
For what it is, Soft Tarp is overrated and way too full of itself. Like a paranoid schizophrenic deluded into believing he's the 4th prince of Norway. You smile as he tells you feeling a mixture of pity and sadness.
Unicorn_Blade

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:28 am Reply with quote
Gosick and My ordinary life were in my plans. They might not get licenced for the UK like a lot of other series, or come out a lot later than in the US, but there is no way I will be able to sit through both while having to go to work... So might pick one and then hope that nothing comes up during the weekend Smile
st_owly

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:14 am Reply with quote
Fortunately, I've seen the only 2 on the list which interest me. I hope this means Gosick is getting a physical release though.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1