• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Nearly 4,000 Fans Rank the Top Monogatari Characters

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nachtwandler

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:53 am Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
Nachtwandler wrote:
angelmcazares wrote:
If you count the 3 recap episodes (that add nothing to the story), yes, they are 61.

This. You didn't count Bake recap but counted SS recaps while they are even not included on the disks.

No. I did not count any of the 3 recap episodes that aired with the Second Season. And I do not know about the Japanese releases, but Aniplex USA is including the recaps in their disc releases.

I was talking to other people here. Just used your post as a reference. And no. Japanese DVD/BDs of Monogatari SS don't have a recaps.
Shippoyasha

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:41 pm Reply with quote
That sure is a lot of episodes. I wish many more anime could go beyond 11-12 episodes. Good on Monogatari for this success, though I feel sad for so many great shows that will never get continuations. Such a brutal industry.
Kreion

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:12 pm Reply with quote
I was happy that Shinobu got the top spot - she's definitely the character I find most interesting in the series.

My only complaint would be that Suraga and Karen are too low down...but that's personal preference more than anything else haha. Also Shinobu and Kiss-shot shouldn't be ranked separately since they're the same character...but if I were to pick between the two her adult form is more interesting than her child form imo - she MAKES Kizumonogatari.
Little_Hawk

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:03 pm Reply with quote
Shinobu is now the undisputed best girl.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:37 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
This many episodes makes it 1 of the LN with the most episodes.

It is near the top but Index/Rail is still ahead by a bit, and I think DxD could surpass it as well at some point. SAO as well. STB and Mahouka might also be poised for second seasons which would put them in the mid to upper forties.

Eh. I don't really like Hitagi, so I would have her near the bottom of my list. I would also have Araragi a lot higher, as well as Kanbaru and the two sisters.
Ali07

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:32 am Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:
Kadmos1 wrote:
This many episodes makes it 1 of the LN with the most episodes.

It is near the top but Index/Rail is still ahead by a bit, and I think DxD could surpass it as well at some point. SAO as well. STB and Mahouka might also be poised for second seasons which would put them in the mid to upper forties.

Also, those LNs you mention are all ongoing series. Unless something changes, Monogatari ends in September, and an anime adaption may see the entire series finishing up in the 90s.
bin1127

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:47 pm Reply with quote
I would've voted for Hitagi's Dad too. Driving your daughter and a stranger out to the forest? That has to be the coolest or just the stupidest thing a person can do.
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:00 pm Reply with quote
Shinobu, Hachikuji, and Kaiki are in the top 5. I'm Mr. sickvisionz and I approve of this message.
Animelover12313

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:47 am Reply with quote
Damnit Shinobu, why do you have to be so awesome! But what's with this list with Tooe Kanbaru? Anime hyper She wasn't even show in the anime and yet she get votes. I pretty much would switch place for Shinobu and Senjyogahara or Senjougahara (However her name is spell) though. Then put Kanbaru up higher on the list since she was very interesting and nice development during Hanamonogatari. After that, everything else was perfect
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:26 am Reply with quote
Ah Kaiki. He became one of my favorites and definitely deserved that spot although imo a bit higher would of been even better.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
traveling

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:31 pm Reply with quote
I didn't expect Kaiki to be above Koyomi, but I definitely don't disagree with it. Shinobu is kind of overrated.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2